Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

puddle/cargo light not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default puddle/cargo light not working

Hi everyone, newbe here. I tried using my cargo light wires as connection for bed LED's. That worked well with door opening/closing and with remote for interrior and exterrior lights. Three or four days later the puddle, cargo and bed lights stopped working, but the other above mentioned were not affected. I checked bulbs/led's and fuses #4 & #12 according to fuse guide in owners manual. (all connections checked good prior to final install. when lights failed they were disconnected from truck wiring and checked with another 12v battery. They all worked). Does anyone have solution to this, or what I might check next.
Thanks for any information.
kmh
Old 07-10-2017, 06:21 PM

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cajunwaternut
Hi everyone, newbe here. I tried using my cargo light wires as connection for bed LED's. That worked well with door opening/closing and with remote for interrior and exterrior lights. Three or four days later the puddle, cargo and bed lights stopped working, but the other above mentioned were not affected. I checked bulbs/led's and fuses #4 & #12 according to fuse guide in owners manual. (all connections checked good prior to final install. when lights failed they were disconnected from truck wiring and checked with another 12v battery. They all worked). Does anyone have solution to this, or what I might check next.
Thanks for any information.
kmh
i am having same problem with no answers!
2013 F-150 SC added door lights and now no puddle lights or cargo light, but interior lights still work! No blown fuses that I can find. Interior lights on same fuse as cargo and puddles also.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same on my 2011 replaced bulbs and checked fuses no cargo lights
Old 07-10-2019, 09:27 PM

[QUOTE=proline69;5888348]
I have ran a wire from the back light to the front passenger kick panel and tied into the wire for in side cab lights and now everything is work as it should since no one has done this that I know of I'm the first and so far so good if you need wire colors I can provide them and locations
Old 07-12-2019, 10:01 PM

Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts

People usually splice in to the black and black/blue wires that run in the rockers when adding puddle or bed lights without issue. And that is good for 04-14 not sure if they changed the wire colors on 15+.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Screwed05
People usually splice in to the black and black/blue wires that run in the rockers when adding puddle or bed lights without issue. And that is good for 04-14 not sure if they changed the wire colors on 15+.
The one I used was a gray and purple one it was the only one I found that worked when the door was opened and closed and I know I wont have a problem now cus the inside lights have a fuse if something where to go wrong I'm to cheep to have ford waste my time and money when I have found a simple fix that will help everyone here it's been a week since I did it and still working as they should
Old 07-13-2019, 11:15 AM

Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Dj Tesch
The one I used was a gray and purple one it was the only one I found that worked when the door was opened and closed and I know I wont have a problem now cus the inside lights have a fuse if something where to go wrong I'm to cheep to have ford waste my time and money when I have found a simple fix that will help everyone here it's been a week since I did it and still working as they should

Like I said may depend on year model not sure what year is in discussion here.I'm using 5.5 ft led strips under the doors and 18 inch strips under the seats all activated by the doors and key fob. Been running them for 2 years with zero issues. My bed lights are on a switch located in the bed and wired to the battery.
Old 02-16-2023, 09:44 PM

[QUOTE=Dj Tesch;6258459]
Originally Posted by proline69
I have ran a wire from the back light to the front passenger kick panel and tied into the wire for in side cab lights and now everything is work as it should since no one has done this that I know of I'm the first and so far so good if you need wire colors I can provide them and locations
I know this was a long time ago but I just ran into this problem it’s no way you can tell me where you tapped it in at thanks

Quick Reply: puddle/cargo light not working