Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Projector lights and bulbs question!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Projector lights and bulbs question!

Alright so, I just bought an 03 Ford F150... NO idea about this truck thing, so bear with me :] I just purchased a pair of the projectors off ebay... The ones with the halo's and LED's... My question (now that I'm reading that they suck) is what bulbs I need to buy to get the best performance. I keep reading about silverstars(?), and I don't want to go with HID's... I purchased just a regular pair of 8500k xenon 9007 headlights but now I'm thinking that those aren't going to work that great. Another question is that- I have stock foglights on my truck, what kind of bulbs can I put in those to make them match my headlight bulbs? Hopefully this wasn't too confusing and I SEMI know what I'm talking about! Thanks
Old 10-09-2007, 08:17 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

I would go with silverstar's, you can get them at most auto parts stores.

For the bulb sizes I would check your manual for the fogs and then check the packaging of your replacement headlights for that size, altho I believe that 9007 is the bulb size, I think.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:25 PM

Thanks so much! What's the difference between ST and SU on those?
Old 10-09-2007, 08:30 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Once I figure out what the hell ST and SU is I might be able to help, but until then I'm scratching my head.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what is the bulb size for the newer body style?
Old 10-09-2007, 10:54 PM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

ill put in my two cents about HID bulbs.....I saw some chick in an 07 Silverado with them....among others things such as 24s and the ghey *** 24inch badge.....nonetheless, I was in my Bird, which is lowered and sits about four inches from the pavement. I caught the headlights in my side and rear view mirrors, the glare effect was so strong, I literally saw stars while doing about 60mph. Now, this was on a four way street with many other bright light sources, including street lights and a community college....HID bulbs are teh suk.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:01 PM

Yeah, my exboyfriend had those HID's, and he hooked them up to his fog lights also, and people were always flashing us. They look kinda good, but I would hate being such a nuisance on the road. But I also hear that with these projectors you get really BAD lighting, I live in Alaska where it's dark a LOT, and that just won't work. Anyway- I'll check out the silverstars. thanks
Old 10-17-2007, 08:04 PM

Alright so... got my projectors in and I'm sitting here staring at them... Maybe this is a dumb question but I might as well ask. I've got the wiring for the halo's figured out (correct me if I'm wrong but there are 2 wires for that, one is black, one is blue)... But for the wiring on the bottom row of LED lights I am seeing two thin red wires. What do I do with those? I've read that I need to splice them into my parking lights, or turn signals, does it matter where? Do I ground one of these red wires, and does it matter which one I do..?
Old 10-17-2007, 08:10 PM

Received 211 Likes on 191 Posts

Hmm, would suggesting a light bar in the bed with some KC Daylighters be showing my age too much?

You can't please everyone, but you can make 'em all mad at the same time!
Old 10-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Paint it black

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

i put h13st (headlight) and the fog light (cant remember the number, thinking h3st?) silverstars in, they are ok, they are whiter but still suck for visibility...i will be going hid, have em in the supra and holy crap do they make a difference, plus we have the dome that goes over the bulb for the cut-offs so other drivers wont get blinded as bad just like factory hid kits come

Quick Reply: Projector lights and bulbs question!