Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Morimoto headlight adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 12:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Morimoto headlight adjustment

Hey, was just wondering if anyone else has ran into an issue with the aiming of the morimotos. I recently installed them and while installing them i did attempt to level the low beam, but found that the adjustment only raised the beam a few inches. After driving with them now the low beam is almost unusable as the cut off is way to low. The only thing i can think off is adjusting the whole fixture itself, but if were to do so, it would not line up with the body.
Any input is greatly appreciated. Also further more anybody who says that they are brighter than stock leds is high.
Sorry for the rant, i just want my expensive a** headlights to work better than some anzos with some leds thrown in.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:58 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

The adjustment should raise/lower the cut-off as you turn it. You'll want to do the following:

Park your truck about 25' from a wall on level ground
Measure from the road to the center of your low beam on the headlight housing itself. Make note of this measurement
Now make a mark on a wall (blue painters tape is your friend) 2" below your first measurement.
Now you want the top of your beam to hit this mark

Do this for both sides, taking measurements on both sides of course to ensure you are on level ground.

You shouldn't have to adjust them much, in fact, even with the factorys you can't adjust them a crazy amount.

On to your comment about them not being brighter then factory LED... they most certainly are. They put out about 1,000 lux. Factory Halogens do about 260lux. Factory HID probably do around 500lux.

So they are 2x brighter about.
Old 07-27-2019, 10:05 PM

[QUOTE=4x4TruckLEDs.com;6268320]The adjustment should raise/lower the cut-off as you turn it. You'll want to do the following:

Measure from the road to the center of your low beam on the headlight housing itself. Make note of this measurement
Now make a mark on a wall (blue painters tape is your friend) 2" below your first measurement.

Do this for both sides, taking measurements on both sides of course to ensure you are on level ground.

You shouldn't have to adjust them much, in fact, even with the factorys you can't adjust them a crazy amount.

On to your comment about them not being brighter then factory LED... they most certainly are. They put out about 1,000 lux. Factory Halogens do about 260lux. Factory HID probably do around 500lux.

So they are 2x brighter.

Hey, thank you for replying. Sorry for my late reply, its been a crazy week for me. While i wasnt able to measure at full 25 feet, i did mark the stock lights on a wall and try to adjust my moris to those. Do you think if i was to unmount the light and adjust the whole fixture itself i would be able to bring up the beam a bit? I just feel like they are just a tad too low.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:35 PM

Received 845 Likes on 495 Posts

[QUOTE=Twinturbskis;6277898]
Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDs.com
The adjustment should raise/lower the cut-off as you turn it. You'll want to do the following:

So they are 2x brighter.

Hey, thank you for replying. Sorry for my late reply, its been a crazy week for me. While i wasnt able to measure at full 25 feet, i did mark the stock lights on a wall and try to adjust my moris to those. Do you think if i was to unmount the light and adjust the whole fixture itself i would be able to bring up the beam a bit? I just feel like they are just a tad too low.

My passenger side is a tad low as well and I cannot adjust it up anymore, I'm not super worried about it since I will be lifting the truck eventually and will have to adjust it down anyhow afterwards but it would annoy the hell out of me if I wasn't going to do that.
It would be nice in the meantime to be able to adjust it up some more though.

Something I've read that makes me a little nervous about adjusting it too much was one person adjusted it too far apparently and something broke off inside.
Other than that I've been very happy with the lights.

I was a little disappointed with the brightness at first but I'm use to it now and I think the reason I was at first is because I've always had LEDs in oem halogen housings that just blast the whole road/other drivers 🙄

I'd be interested in hearing if adjusting the housing works for you.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:24 AM

Received 2,136 Likes on 1,218 Posts

Originally Posted by Twinturbskis
Hey, was just wondering if anyone else has ran into an issue with the aiming of the morimotos. I recently installed them and while installing them i did attempt to level the low beam, but found that the adjustment only raised the beam a few inches. After driving with them now the low beam is almost unusable as the cut off is way to low. The only thing i can think off is adjusting the whole fixture itself, but if were to do so, it would not line up with the body.
Any input is greatly appreciated. Also further more anybody who says that they are brighter than stock leds is high.
Sorry for the rant, i just want my expensive a** headlights to work better than some anzos with some leds thrown in.
May want to check, Do I need to adjust my headlights higher?
Sounds like you are using the Morimoto headlight housing and LED's not just the bulbs. I have no experience with the housings just LED replacement bulbs. KM
Old 08-08-2019, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by 2017bluetruck
May want to check, Do I need to adjust my headlights higher?
Sounds like you are using the Morimoto headlight housing and LED's not just the bulbs. I have no experience with the housings just LED replacement bulbs. KM
They literally won't go any higher, i know i need them higher. The housings have similar adjusment for low beam to the oem housings, except for the fact that it is a pita to get to and you only have three rotations before it will break and they barely move inches.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 2018 Lariat with the stock LED's. Tried to adjust after leveling the truck, felt like the plastic cogs were going to break. Applied penetrating oil and were quite easy to adjust.

Quick Reply: Morimoto headlight adjustment