Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Looking for a modest upgrade for front light.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a modest upgrade for front light.

I just picked up a 2017 XLT crew cab last week and would like to change out the high/low beam bulbs and possibly the fog lights . I am not a fan of the yellow color the stock bulbs put out, I prefer a whiter ligher. We get a lot of snow where I live so having low beams that aren't too bright is important. I found that out on my last truck after getting new headlights and not being able to see a thing in even a moderate snow storm. I'm looking for just the opposite in my high beams .I want something that will let me see far enough ahead I don't end up with wildlife as a hood ornament lol. Any recommendations on a particular line of bulbs or vendor would be appreciated.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:02 PM

Received 199 Likes on 156 Posts

I did the H11 to H9 bulb swap for my low beams (just google it), just have to clip one metal tab on the bulb and cut out the plastic divider in the bulb base....boom instant increase.

You can try swapping the 9005 for a 9011 as well for high beams....I put on a light bar so didn't do that one.

*Just one opinion*
Old 04-13-2018, 07:27 PM

Received 2,959 Likes on 1,649 Posts

Have a look at PIAAs...get the PIAA bulbs for high and low and have a look at the yellow plasma bulbs for the fogs...pretty good in snow.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I ended up ready all 50+ pages of BlackBoost's post and went with the LEDs recommended there. It was a long read but very informative.

Quick Reply: Looking for a modest upgrade for front light.