Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

LEDs always on?

Old 11-18-2016, 12:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LEDs always on?

Replaced my interior and 3rd-brake light/bed light with LEDs. I noticed last night that the lights in the map lights and the white lights in the bed light are dimly lit when they should not be. They shine bright when they should, but when they turn off they are still very dimly lit.

Normal or did I muck something up?
Old 11-19-2016, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 338 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by zhntr
Replaced my interior and 3rd-brake light/bed light with LEDs. I noticed last night that the lights in the map lights and the white lights in the bed light are dimly lit when they should not be. They shine bright when they should, but when they turn off they are still very dimly lit.

Normal or did I muck something up?
You meant they're lit while the truck is running, right?

That's normal for inexpensive LEDs.
Old 11-19-2016, 11:15 AM

Received 3,011 Likes on 1,669 Posts

When I first started swapping to LEDs, the cheap ones would do that. And you mean dimly lit while the truck is not running, right? That's what mine did.

Switched over to better stuff and that issue went away.
Old 11-19-2016, 04:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the replies. They are dimly lit while the truck is running, and after it is turned off. Don't mind too much on the map lights, but the bed lights I'll get some better LEDs.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 338 Likes on 254 Posts

It would worry me if they were still lit once the truck was turned off. Constant voltage might not lead to a failure due to heat, but if you're constantly running the cheap ones, your risk of electrical fires might go up.

I don't see the issue you're relating in mine, but 2008__XL did, until he switched bulbs. Might be something worth looking into, just for peace of mind.

Search this Thread