Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

LED headlight issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LED headlight issue

Anyone looking for a new puzzle to solve? Here’s mine.

Setup: I recently installed new LED headlight bulbs (Sealight X1 H13) in my 2004 F150 FX4. I used 50w Tuincyn in-line load resistors at sellers recommendation to alleviate reported flicker issues.

I love over these bulbs. The 600k color is exactly what I was looking for and the low flat beam pattern is darn near perfect with less defusion than my stock halogens. Light dispersment is also quite nice when I hold them in FTP. Long story short - I want to keep these bulbs if I can.

Now for the quandary; The lights work great in low beam setting and the FTP works fine. However, when I flip to high beams, the dashboard indicator lights as expected and the lights flash but they remain on low beams. I know the second row leds must be able to light as they work fine when I hold flash to pass setting and I suspect fuses are still working properly, as the high beams continue to work properly on the other headlight that I haven’t changed out yet. I’m suspecting that the resistor simply doesn’t have a proper decoder for this truck (as I had to file down the insert tab to make it fit). If the fix is to simply get a different decoder does anyone have a suggestion on one that they have found that works well? If anyone has a better solution please suggest, I’m open to any.

Quick Reply: LED headlight issue