Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Headlight upgrade confusion

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 12:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Headlight upgrade confusion

I currently drive my 2011 XLT Crewcab. Love it. A work and daily driver.
I've been reading the headlight upgrade threads to death it seems.
It's the one issue I want to upgrade without breaking the bank. I have changed bulbs and am a little happier but I'd really like to maybe do an LED upgrade.
Santa is coming
Guys says the glare from the LED upgrade is huge off the reflector housing. Since its not a projector style housing.
Technology seems to change monthly with great advancements.
I've looked at the Absolute HID website. 4300K upgrade. HI-Low beams DRL approx. 250.00
The US dollar is a killer for exchange. So something in Canada would be helpful.
Can someone enlighten me with maybe a little hands on experience.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:06 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

What you heard is semi-true. MOST of the LED kits on the market produce glare. They are usually the cheaper bulbs and designs and they produced glare. It's what gave LED a bad name just like HID got a bad name at first.

Now adays LED technolog has changed. The LED Conversion Kits we sell are known to work very well in halogen housings.

Now HID should not be used in Halogen because they are a totally different style system. So stay away from HID unless you put a projection system in.

I personally don't like HID. I don't like the costs and how many components there are and the failure rates. They take time to warmup so for me personally, I prefer LED. Some folks prefer HID and that's fine, but I've sold HID for MANY years and i'm at that point where I'm not going to invest in a technology that is being phased out. LED is the way things are going now and soon, lasers. But lasers are still very very expensive and only available in a VERY select few HIGH END cars (like the audi). Those are also designed INTO the housings so it'll be a while before we see "laser bulbs" available since it's not really the bulb that's a laser. Those cars have LED bulbs with lasers around them... anyway...

Check out our LED Conversion kits. VERY Popular and so far everybody who's tried them loves them.

We do ship to Canada but yeah... that exchange rate and the customs fees will add onto your bill a bit.