Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

day running lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb day running lights

My Ford 2013 is not equiped with HID lights but would like the parking lights on instead of the day running light is this possible.Thanks
Old 07-31-2014, 01:29 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, the hard part is finding a dealer to hook up their laptop and change the programming. It took three tries but I finally found one that was willing to try. Another member posted a how to in another thread. Basically once the IDS has been plugged in, they will need to click on the tool box tab, then find programmable parameters, then exterior lighting. The DRL options are listed there. For the 13' and 14' years you can select either the headlights at 80% or the parking lamps to be the DRLs. I had them change mine prior to upgrading the halogen lights to oem projectors and it worked great.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:50 AM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

If you print the how to chart somewhere on here that somebody made. You should be able to bring that to your dealer with some donuts and say "here is how you do it, can you please?"

Mine did it for free, other ******* dealers want to charge labor for it. It takes all of a minute to do it.

Wayne

Quick Reply: day running lights