Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tow Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tow Mirrors

I'm sure this is a post you guys have seen a few million times so I'll try and justify 1,000,001.

I spoke with 1a-auto and was ready to pull the trigger until i realized they don't offer mirrors with, power fold, auto-dim, puddle-lamp.

I have a loaded 12' fx4, I'm looking for tow mirrors that power fold, heat, auto-dim, have the puddle lamp, and memory. I've spent hours online, and at this point i actually wouldn't even mind buying from ford if there's no other option, but they can't even find me a proper part #, all their capable of is typing in a vin, and selling me what the computer tells them too. So i went on autotrader and got the vin to a platinum, was about to pull the trigger until i realized the truck had power extending mirrors. Does a mirror exist with the options I'm in search of?
Old 04-11-2017, 11:08 PM

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts

In short, no. None of the tow mirrors have auto dim. Power fold have 2 lights on the outer edge. One is the turn signal, the other is a puddle light. It doesn't aim down, though, so I don't how well it works in as a true puddle, but that's the circuit it's wired in to.

Also, the only power folding tow mirrors for the 09-14s are the ones with power telescope. They were only available in 2013 & 2014 but will fit the 09-12s but you have to wire in the power telescope. And they are very expensive.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:11 AM

Received 158 Likes on 134 Posts

x2 what he said ^