Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Attach WDH??

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 08:45 PM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Quick Attach WDH??

Thought I would ask, I was looking through RVShare and Outdoorsy for a travel trailer and I noticed that there are quite a few large travel trailers for rent that don't come with WD Hitches. My assumption that is anything above 20 feet regardless of weight is going to need a WDH for sway control at a minimum. I'm seeing +30 footers without WD hitches. So now Im curious, does any manufacturer out there make a "quick on, quick off" WDH for people like me who might need to attach one for a rental?
Old 09-25-2020, 09:39 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

No trailer comes with a weight distributing hitch. That's an accessory the tower must provide. It's a couple between the tow vehicle and the trailer. EXAMPLE
Old 09-25-2020, 10:25 PM

Received 1,058 Likes on 711 Posts

When I was renting travel trailers I made sure the WDH was provided.
Old 09-26-2020, 05:01 AM

Received 113 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 627PCFan
Thought I would ask, I was looking through RVShare and Outdoorsy for a travel trailer and I noticed that there are quite a few large travel trailers for rent that don't come with WD Hitches. My assumption that is anything above 20 feet regardless of weight is going to need a WDH for sway control at a minimum. I'm seeing +30 footers without WD hitches. So now Im curious, does any manufacturer out there make a "quick on, quick off" WDH for people like me who might need to attach one for a rental?
as was said, TTs don't come with WDHs, unless the renter supplies one. and some vehicles aren't recommended to use a WDH, like unibody vehicles. as far as i know, there is no such thing as a "quick on, quick off" WDH. the closest would be an Andersen or 4pt Equal-i-zer. i wouldn't recommend the Andersen for a large TT.
but you need to read your truck's owners manual. the towing section will discuss when a WDH is recommended. and, personally, i would never tow a 30+ft TT with a F150.
The following users liked this post:
Ricktwuhk (09-26-2020)

Quick Reply: Quick Attach WDH??