Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Grand Design camera

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 07:28 AM

Received 497 Likes on 346 Posts
Default New Grand Design camera

I'm in the process of acquiring a new Grand Design TT and I have a question on the Furrion back up camera. After some search last night I found that the camera system ( fos48tapk-bl) while being quite expensive compared to competitors is out of stock everywhere I look. Also there are two camera options a "back up" and "observation". One last point that I cannot yet find a clear answer on. Will the screen/head unit support more than one camera. It would be nice to have "eyes" on the hitch while hooking up. Also it seems to me to be more advantageous to have an observation/back-up camera in the rear to monitor traffic as well as what is behind. Anyone with experience with this care to give input? Alternatives that would work? I'll be in touch with Grand Design later today to clear up my discoveries.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recommend you haloview, which is a company specialized in digital wireless system. Their products have good quality and reasonable price. Contact me if you want to buy one.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:32 PM

Received 128 Likes on 90 Posts

The observation camera will work just fine, I have one and it was plug and play on my OR Mesa Ridge Lite as it was prewired from the factory. Just have to turn on some lights on the truck (which I do anyways) to get the observation camera to work along with the TT running lights. Mine works while running down the road, I can see traffic on the hwy and then it works when backing into the CG spot. The monitor is dedicated to the Furrion, but if you have the Ford back up camera on the tailgate, it will work just fine for lining up on the coupler.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:09 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

hmm... i got a furrion on mine. my trailer came prepped for it and and i bought the camera on amazon , popped the cover and plugged it in....
was super easy to plug in... kinda pricey.... and i doubt my screen will work with another camera....
Old 03-18-2019, 06:19 PM

Received 497 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by danlexani
hmm... i got a furrion on mine. my trailer came prepped for it and and i bought the camera on amazon , popped the cover and plugged it in....
was super easy to plug in... kinda pricey.... and i doubt my screen will work with another camera....
Yea I was looking around and you can defiantly get better and pay less. There are several that sell/provide an adapter plate/pigtail. What got started were some comments I read about the camera resolution and picture and wireless reception. After some looking I think I will go with a 4uCam setup. A 7" screen monitor and two cameras can be had for what the Furrion cost.
http://www.4ucam.com/Digital-Quad-Vi...ht-Vision.html

Quick Reply: New Grand Design camera