Topic Sponsor
Towing/ Hauling/ Plowing Discuss all of your towing and/or cargo moving experiences here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody here running fifth wheel rails and air bags?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 04:07 PM

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Default Anybody here running fifth wheel rails and air bags?

Anybody here with a '15 or new F150 running fifth wheel rails and air bags? Or the B&W turnover ball and air bags?

Thanks
Old 02-12-2017, 05:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a BW turnover ball in mine. Haven't used it yet as it was previously installed by the dealer as a demo, but can tell it's sent a little use. Whatcha want to know?
Old 02-12-2017, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by HD SCREW
I've got a BW turnover ball in mine. Haven't used it yet as it was previously installed by the dealer as a demo, but can tell it's sent a little use. Whatcha want to know?
I want to know if you have a 15+ model and if you have a B&W hitch and airbags what bags do you have?

I have had B&W's in four previous trucks but it looks like Firestone doesn't make any for the new F150 that will work with the B&W hitch
Old 02-14-2017, 09:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably not much help here then' I've got a '16 HD and havent looked for airbags as of yet. If you need a picture or otherwise of the frame mount let me know. I've used airlift in my other cars prior, and have been happy with them; have you checked with them? I'd be surprised if they didn't have one that worked.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:10 AM

I had the Airlift Ultimate 5000 on my 16 and took them back off. The truck bounced off of the internal jounce bumpers when empty.
It looks like Hellwig 6115's will work with the B&W because the upper bracket mounts to where the factory bump stop was not to the side of the frame rail