Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2015 XLT SuperCab Sport Truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 07:48 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default My 2015 XLT SuperCab Sport Truck

Hi all,

Purchased a base 2015 XLT SuperCab 2.7L in March with the XTR chrome package and have been slowly removing every piece of chrome and trying to build it into the sport truck I want.

I love the acceleration and fuel economy of the 2.7L and size of the SuperCab. Couldn't be happier with the truck. But just when I think I'm done with the modifications I find 3 more mods I have to have.

Mod List:

Installed:

Exterior:

- OEM Lariat grille
- OEM Body coloured front and rear bumpers
- 2018 OEM 20" XLT Sport Wheels
- Black door handle covers
- OEM black tailgate handle
- OEM fender flares
- AntennaX Black Billet 14" Antenna
- Deezee tailgate assist
- Front valence delete
- Undercover Flex tonneau cover

Interior:

- Center console from a Lariat with the cup holder/storage tray panel from an XLT with center console and column shifter
- Kicker 41KSC door and center channel speakers
- Kicker 11HS8 subwoofer/amp
- Sync 2 swap
- Husky Liners Floor Mats

Drivetrain:

- Intake Vortex Generator Delete
- Exhaust Resonator Delete (the first one I regret - it's way too damn loud)

Next modifications that I have purchased and am waiting to install include OEM Sport Appearance Package stickers (might as well at this point, and the chrome package stickers no longer make sense), OEM 8" Instrument Cluster and OEM Leather Lariat Steering Wheel. Next, as funds permit, will include OEM LED headlights, Sync 3 (non nav), Amp Research Power Step Running Boards, Bilstein 6100 series Coilovers and some type of aftermarket silver 20x10 wheels with 33s (and I really hope thats it for a while).

Thanks for looking,

Nate

Last edited by Dutchrudder7; 10-15-2018 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:35 PM

Ended up buying some 2018 20" Premium wheels. I think they look much better than the 18s and have a more aggressive looking tread pattern. Full Kicker sound system is installed with 5 speakers and their 11HS8 Hideaway sub and amp combo. The sound quality is night and day from stock and I'm quite pleased I was able to do everything myself with the resources available on this forum. Just waiting for my harness to arrive so I can upgrade to Sync 2. This will probably be it for a while but eventually I'm hoping to upgrade to a Lariat steering wheel, Anzo headlights, Bilstein struts, aftermarket exhaust and intake, and Livnitup 8" cluster.

18s:

20s:

Last edited by Dutchrudder7; 10-15-2018 at 10:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Livnitup (07-07-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 05:50 PM

Snapped some new pics today after a wash.

Finally got Sync 2 installed. Bought a high quality custom harness from a member of the Mustang6g.com forum for a hell of a lot cheaper than anywhere else and I'll be doing a write up on them soon to drive some F150 traffic their way.

Ditched the BAKflip tonneau cover for an Undercover Flex. Much higher quality in my opinion.

Next modifications as funds permit will be: Anzo headlights, LED fogs, leather steering wheel, black door handles and tailgate handle, black OEM running boards, sport appearance fender flares, custom exhaust of some sort, Bilstein 5100s and wheel spacers.

Last edited by Dutchrudder7; 08-18-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:35 PM
TOTM Sept. '18

Received 3,057 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Nice job!....The 8" Sync screen make such a difference in the look of the interior. 2018 sport wheels look really good too on black.

Mike
Old 08-18-2018, 06:40 PM

Received 235 Likes on 114 Posts

XTR, eh?
I'm not a huge sticker fan, but I'd put those on mine just to throw people off. Lol
(I assume that's the Canadian equivalent to our STX?)
Old 08-18-2018, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by OCMike
Nice job!....The 8" Sync screen make such a difference in the look of the interior. 2018 sport wheels look really good too on black.

Mike
Thanks, I agree with both! Kind of bought the Sync 2 before I knew anything about the Sync systems and wish it was the 3 but oh well. The reverse cam footage is night and day.

Originally Posted by Kingofpasadena
XTR, eh?
I'm not a huge sticker fan, but I'd put those on mine just to throw people off. Lol
(I assume that's the Canadian equivalent to our STX?)
Yes I believe that's our equivalent. I wouldn't even know what sticker would be appropriate at this point, theres bits and pieces from every trim.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:31 PM

Received 235 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder7
Thanks, I agree with both! Kind of bought the Sync 2 before I knew anything about the Sync systems and wish it was the 3 but oh well. The reverse cam footage is night and day.

Yes I believe that's our equivalent. I wouldn't even know what sticker would be appropriate at this point, theres bits and pieces from every trim.
That's what we do around here.
I have an STX grill and Special Edition wheels, but neither of those came on an RCLB, so I'm considering badging mine an ST. There's no such thing, but whatever. Lol
Old 08-18-2018, 11:07 PM

Received 262 Likes on 126 Posts

Nice truck, looking forward to see headlights you choose and bilstein install process. As for kicker install, you said you did it at home?! Plug and play?! Or some slicing will be needed somewhere?
Old 08-19-2018, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Kingofpasadena
That's what we do around here.
I have an STX grill and Special Edition wheels, but neither of those came on an RCLB, so I'm considering badging mine an ST. There's no such thing, but whatever. Lol
It's a slippery slope modifying these trucks!

Originally Posted by JpEufracio
Nice truck, looking forward to see headlights you choose and bilstein install process. As for kicker install, you said you did it at home?! Plug and play?! Or some slicing will be needed somewhere?
Ya I did it myself - basically cannibalized the OEM plastic speaker mount using a dremel so I could use the existing wiring. I did the 4 door speakers and the center speaker. As for the Kicker sub and amp I bought the Motorcraft wpt1212 harness which spliced right up to the sub and then enabled the factory sub/amp connection with Forscan. Wish I had taken pictures/video of everything but I always end up getting too into the install process to do it. I can help with everything if you're thinking of doing it though.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:07 AM

Hey all, since last I've installed OEM fender flares, black door handle covers and an all black tailgate handle. I used 3M double sided tape and plastic rivets to install them by drilling into the wheel well lips. Took a long time to get it right but worth it I think, the flares make a huge difference. Took some cool pictures at work yesterday when it was super foggy.

Next plans are upgrading to sync 3 from sync 2 as I found a cheap non nav unit locally, aftermarket led headlights of some sort, bilstein struts and a custom exhaust. The new Morimoto headlights are gorgeous but would likely cost me $2000 CAD which I just cant justify. I'll probably end up with Anzos if I can find a good deal. The struts I'll likely leave at 0" lift as I don't want to add to the wheel well gap, I'm more looking forward to the better ride. I removed the vortex rings from the intake and enjoy the intake sound, I think a high quality conservative exhaust will round out the truck nicely.

Last edited by Dutchrudder7; 09-21-2018 at 08:21 AM.

Quick Reply: My 2015 XLT SuperCab Sport Truck