Topic Sponsor
Purchase Experience Forum for members to post about their purchase experiences from different vendors and members.

Morimoto - Horrible

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2023, 07:25 AM
TPMS Magician

Received 6,452 Likes on 2,984 Posts

Default Morimoto - Horrible

So back story, I have had 2 sets of Morimoto headlights. On my 2017, i got really bad FM interference, emailed Morimoto, they immediately addressed the issue and sent me new modules for the lights...great response and service. I now have Morimoto headlights on my 2019 with no issue.

Recently i bought ditch light brackets, 2banger lights (they werent available yet), and a harness. The harness is a universal harness but it populates a specific harness based on a vehicle.

1. Issue 1, the 2 bangers pushed out month after month due to supply issues (i get that, just part of the issue)...they took massive amounts of orders with ship dates without actually having stock or even the parts...i get that a lot of companies do this, just helped irritate the issues

2. I followed Morimotos video for installing the ditch lights and the harness was too short, it wouldnt reach inside the cab, needed at least another 12 inches and that would be pushing it. I reached out to Morimoto and after not hearing anything for 2 weeks, i wrote a bad review on their facebook. They responded a few days later with "email us please." It took over a month, closer to two months for some guy named Travis to respond with: There is almost zero chance of a manufacturing issue and if your harness is too short, extend the wires that need to be longer.

I responded with "Thank you for your email, seems a tad unrealistic to have customers wait almost 2 months for technical assistance and then essentially respond with false claims that there is no way of a manufacturing issue...you didnt ask me to verify the length of the harness, didnt ask to see pictures, didnt ask for me to ship it back to inspect, just told me im wrong and then suggest i alter the semi-vehicle specific harness. If i wanted to alter a generic harness and then wrap the harness, i would have bought one 70% cheaper and done just that. Since it took 2 months to respond, i have since replace the lights and harness with products from Diode Dynamics who answered the hone when i called, immediately answered emails, and their product didnt require any alterations."

Anyways, just disapointed it took so long for them to respond (and yes, i tried multiple times calling) and im disapointed at the response that basically said i was wrong when im not.

Ive heard they went through major changes a few years ago and since, customer service has dropped.
Old 03-18-2023, 02:11 PM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,600 Likes on 6,204 Posts

I have said it for years, Morimoto is just a fancy name for trash products. I have had several items, HID kit, LED lights, puddle lights, projectors and have always ended up with failures.
Old 03-28-2023, 05:35 AM

Received 2,495 Likes on 1,578 Posts

I wasn't impressed with the Hybrids. In all the pics I kept seeing and the videos that I watched, they looked impressive but when I actually installed them and drove at night with them, they were not very good. Color was too blue for my taste, the high beam was pathetic and I was just not impressed for the price I paid. I have used other Morimoto products in the past and have been happy with them. When I did a retrofit for my 03 Tahoe and 05 Tundra, I used Morimoto Mini H1 and Mini D2S 5.0 respectively and was impressed with their performance. The Hybrids on my F150 were sub-par, especially given the price. Luckily, Headlight Revolution refunded me right away no questions asked.

Dunno, maybe I just got a bad build. Meh.
Old 03-28-2023, 05:50 AM
TPMS Magician

Originally Posted by artsr2002
I wasn't impressed with the Hybrids. In all the pics I kept seeing and the videos that I watched, they looked impressive but when I actually installed them and drove at night with them, they were not very good. Color was too blue for my taste, the high beam was pathetic and I was just not impressed for the price I paid. I have used other Morimoto products in the past and have been happy with them. When I did a retrofit for my 03 Tahoe and 05 Tundra, I used Morimoto Mini H1 and Mini D2S 5.0 respectively and was impressed with their performance. The Hybrids on my F150 were sub-par, especially given the price. Luckily, Headlight Revolution refunded me right away no questions asked.

Dunno, maybe I just got a bad build. Meh.
that is weird…my hybrids aren’t blue at all and are great. Just won’t buy anything else from them…rather just take a gamble on other brands
Old 03-28-2023, 10:52 AM

Received 1,008 Likes on 741 Posts

So far, loving the new LED headlights on my 21
Old 03-28-2023, 11:09 AM
TPMS Magician

Originally Posted by Graygoose2021
So far, loving the new LED headlights on my 21
cool

id like to hear a review if you ever have an issue. My lights are fine as well
The following users liked this post:
Graygoose2021 (03-28-2023)
Old 03-28-2023, 11:37 AM

Received 613 Likes on 476 Posts

and this kinda stuff is exactly why I'll get a set of head lights retrofitted vs buying their LED assemblies
Old 04-17-2023, 05:54 PM
F150 Vendor

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

If we can provide any assistance. We are a little late to the game here, but always willing to be your point. We have great relationship with the folks there and can get parts quickly handled or die trying

Quick Reply: Morimoto - Horrible