Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Superchips Vivid Linq

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 01:06 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Superchips Vivid Linq

I got my Vivid Linq from Superchips. Updated it on my computer, plugged it into my truck and went into the settings on my phone, searched for bluetooth devices and it found the tuner. I clicked to connect it and it asked me for the password, I typed it in and my phone says the device is paired, but the bluetooth light on the device is not glowing and the software will not find the device.

Any Ideas?
Old 03-10-2012, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What does vivid link do? Never heard of it
Old 03-10-2012, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by rickerson14
What does vivid link do? Never heard of it
Its the superchips tuner. The software to tune your truck is on an Android app you download from the market. It works with bluetooth. You plug the tuner into your truck and its supposed to communicate with the software through bluetooth.

Doesn't work real well as far as I can tell. I've tried My Galaxy Nexus and my wife's Droid 2. Will not connect at all.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:38 PM

Received 270 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Honkytonkmn
Its the superchips tuner. The software to tune your truck is on an Android app you download from the market. It works with bluetooth. You plug the tuner into your truck and its supposed to communicate with the software through bluetooth.

Doesn't work real well as far as I can tell. I've tried My Galaxy Nexus and my wife's Droid 2. Will not connect at all.
I have the galaxy nexus as well and it's paired to my sync. How much did this cost you, if you don't mind me asking.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by mechanicboy
I have the galaxy nexus as well and it's paired to my sync. How much did this cost you, if you don't mind me asking.
$314 from AJUSA, they give you a discount if you mention the forum, its normally $339 I think.

I can connect my Nexus to other bluetooth devices fine. Just not connecting with this one. Not sure what the issue is. Maybe its broke. I don't know.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Honkytonkmn
$314 from AJUSA, they give you a discount if you mention the forum, its normally $339 I think.

I can connect my Nexus to other bluetooth devices fine. Just not connecting with this one. Not sure what the issue is. Maybe its broke. I don't know.
Oh so it's a device that plugs into your obdii port.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:51 PM

Oh so it's a device that plugs into your obdii port.
Yes, exactly!
Old 03-10-2012, 01:53 PM

Ok. Well When I've had problems with the obdii port acting funny I find that usually one or more pins have bent so maybe give that a look. Check the obdii port too.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:59 PM

Ok. Well When I've had problems with the obdii port acting funny I find that usually one or more pins have bent so maybe give that a look. Check the obdii port too.
Well, I contacted Superchips on FB, I was able to get it connected. I'll keep everyone up to date on how the tune goes.

I had to hit the menu in the program and force connect it, as it wasn't connecting by itself.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:34 PM

glad you have it fixed. Hope it works well for you.

Quick Reply: Superchips Vivid Linq