Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Livernois catless downpipes installed...small video

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 07:25 PM

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts
Default Livernois catless downpipes installed...small video

I want to start by commending all who have installed a downpipe on their f150. This took about 6 hours spread over 2 days. I dont know if its just me but I had to move my entire exhaust back about an inch to connect to the ypipe properly. That made one section of my pipe rub the bed creating a horrible vibration so I am going to the exhaust shop to have that fixed tomorrow. First Impression: the turbo sound is crazy loud on the outside. Not a bad thing but it whistles like a jet at all times. Interior sound is up a bit but I think I can live with it. From the tailpipe it is just a little raspier under throttle and at idle it sounds close to the same as with stock ypipe. I cant tell much for power but Im sure theres something. After less than 30 minutes of driving I got the P0430 code. I thought the Livernois tune would keep that from happening. Anyway, heres a tiny video of it idleing with a couple revs. Its from the drivers side because thats the only place I had to leave my phone. Its more powerful sounding on the passenger side.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:29 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I just got done installing the catted Livernois downpipe yesterday...I have all stock exhaust, and intake so far. And mine is NOWHERE near as loud as yours. I was actually a LITTLE dissapointed in the lack of turbo sound I can hear with it
Old 11-11-2012, 08:39 PM
better looking than geno

Received 275 Likes on 169 Posts

Joe,

It will be faster. I installed a MAK offroad y-pipe myself Friday. I picked up 2 tenths and 2 mph in the 1/4.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:08 PM

A couple mph would be nice. I'm hearing a little exhaust leakage under my passenger side that I'll need to tighten. I assumed I would have to do a retighten after a few heat cycles. I'll post more video after the exhaust shop gets my exhaust lined back up. Where my pipe is hitting the bed now I'm getting crazy vibrations. It should be butter smooth by tomorrow evening.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:58 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Is this with the stock exhaust behind the y-pipe?
Old 11-12-2012, 12:03 AM
better looking than geno

Received 275 Likes on 169 Posts

Aeroturbine 4" exhaust with 4" MBRP resonator

This is his before video...

Last edited by CoreyMS; 11-12-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:09 AM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CoreyMS
Aeroturbine 4" exhaust with 4" MBRP resonator

This is his before video...

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPcUo-1aqWg
Thanks
Old 11-12-2012, 07:57 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Joewee3.5
A couple mph would be nice. I'm hearing a little exhaust leakage under my passenger side that I'll need to tighten. I assumed I would have to do a retighten after a few heat cycles. I'll post more video after the exhaust shop gets my exhaust lined back up. Where my pipe is hitting the bed now I'm getting crazy vibrations. It should be butter smooth by tomorrow evening.
I had a little exhaust leak on the right side too. At that point I loosened the whole sytem, turned the right side pipe (you could see it wasn't fitting against the manifold properly) with a pipe wrench, tightened at the manifolds (turbos) first and worked my way back, Leak gone.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 AM

Loosened the whole system huh. I hope this is worth 2mph because, to me at least, installing these was pretty time consuming. I'll tighten it up next weekend. Still don't know why it threw a code with the livernois tune.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:43 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Any tips on install? I'm going to try and tackle it this weekend. I know I heard you have to take off the trans mount and prop it up to get the existing pipe out. I was hoping for a 2 hour install, but you and others seem to of had a little trouble.

I would get in touch with Rick on the code just to make sure they sent you the correct tune with the O2's off. I got the high flow cats so I didn't request/inquire.

Quick Reply: Livernois catless downpipes installed...small video