Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Had my first problem on Eco...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 08:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Had my first problem on Eco...

Went to pass a car at about half throttle and noticed the tach fluttering around 3000 rpms and not nearly as much acceleration. Come back down to cruising speed and it ran fine... Stomped it and sure enough feel it missing. Kept on doing it for just a bit and it started missing at idle and it threw a code... (misfire cylinder F) I then cut the truck off and turned it back on and the code went away.

Took it to the dealer explained to them everything and left it with them... Of course I get a call back saying they found nothing wrong. So I rode back up there and drove the truck around their building 3 times and made the check engine light come on and gave it back to them. They checked the code and replaced the #5 cyl coil/wire/plug and thus far its fixed.

Anyone else had this issue?
Old 04-17-2012, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shan
Went to pass a car at about half throttle and noticed the tach fluttering around 3000 rpms and not nearly as much acceleration. Come back down to cruising speed and it ran fine... Stomped it and sure enough feel it missing. Kept on doing it for just a bit and it started missing at idle and it threw a code... (misfire cylinder F) I then cut the truck off and turned it back on and the code went away.

Took it to the dealer explained to them everything and left it with them... Of course I get a call back saying they found nothing wrong. So I rode back up there and drove the truck around their building 3 times and made the check engine light come on and gave it back to them. They checked the code and replaced the #5 cyl coil/wire/plug and thus far its fixed.

Anyone else had this issue?
It's odd that the dealer tech couldn't (or wouldn't) put in that same little effort to re-create the problem. Thankfully, I have not noticed this same issue on my EcoBoost.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by triathletedave
It's odd that the dealer tech couldn't (or wouldn't) put in that same little effort to re-create the problem. Thankfully, I have not noticed this same issue on my EcoBoost.
That had a lot to do with the rain... Guy up front didn't tell him about locking it in 4wd while it was raining because all it was going to do is spin in 2wd which wasn't enough load to cause it to happen.

Quick Reply: Had my first problem on Eco...