Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

First Little Bit Of Warranty Work On My 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 11:33 AM

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Default First Little Bit Of Warranty Work On My 5.0

First off let me say that I love my truck and don't regret buying a 5.0L in any way.

About 3 weeks ago I was on my home and my CEL came on. The truck was running fine, no rough idle, no weird sounds, no loss in power. I took it to my dealer and had them scan it. Turns out it was an O2 sensor acting up and she only had 8300km on her at the time! They cleared the code and told me that sometimes that its just a fluke but to bring it back if it happened again.

Sure enough last night on the way home the CEL came on again with no other noticable symptoms (she has 10000km on her now). Took it right to my dealer, they scanned it again and saw it was the same thing, without any questions asked they ordered a new sensor and are putting it in under warranty on Thursday. They said this was the first 5.0 they've seen come back with this issue. So now I'm going to have that annoying CEL on constantly for the next 2 days!

But like I said before I love the truck, and if this is the only thing that goes wrong with it over the next 6 years I'll feel very lucky!
Old 01-10-2012, 12:37 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Thats pretty minor glad theyre fixing it up for ya. I bet your mileage will be a bit better with the new sensor. Do you idle for long periods?
Old 01-10-2012, 12:43 PM

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by 02themax
Thats pretty minor glad theyre fixing it up for ya. I bet your mileage will be a bit better with the new sensor. Do you idle for long periods?
I don't usually idle for long periods, most of my time driving is spent on the highway. I have noticed a small drop in fuel economy since the issue happened the first time but nothing too major, maybe it will go back to normal after the new sensor is installed.

Quick Reply: First Little Bit Of Warranty Work On My 5.0