Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Coolant Leak (Seems to be from the Turbo)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant Leak (Seems to be from the Turbo)

Good morning,

I have a 2013 Ford F150 3.5 Eco-boost and it has been leaking coolant for about 2 months now. I originally thought it was the O rings from the Y connection, however after doing further research, I noticed it may be coming from the turbo. So since I have a Platinum MPP warranty at the dealership, I decided to take it to them on yesterday to get a diagnostics and see if its covered. I'm kind of in a dilemma because if it is not covered, they are going to charge me $145 for just diagnostics and I am sure to repair it , it would be $800+. I have attached a video of the leak for you guys feedback to see if its the fittings in my turbo or something else. Also, if any of you guys experienced this, I would appreciate for you all to share how y'all ended up fixing it and the cost. I really appreciate you guys help.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
Coolant_Leak_F150.mov (1.74 MB, 224 views)
Old 02-05-2019, 12:55 PM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Is this the driver's or passenger's side? If it's the driver's side, it could be coming from the coolant reservoir exit and dripping on the turbo. If the coolant reservoir is not leaking at that spot, then it's most likely the turbo coolant feed tubes.
Old 02-22-2019, 12:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Check the elbow pipe on the degas tank. I found mine was leaking there and when I got under the truck, both my turbos were leaking. Truck is a 14 with 44K miles. It was covered under the powertrain warranty. Seems like I still have air in the cooling system though....
Old 02-27-2019, 10:23 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I just got my truck back from the dealer. I was loosing coolant from the turbo fittings. Had the same dilema as you. I decided to let them check it and it was cover by the extended warranty.

Quick Reply: Coolant Leak (Seems to be from the Turbo)