Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

5.0 engine replacement question (for those who have had it)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 5.0 engine replacement question (for those who have had it)

For those of you that have had their engine replaced due to whatever, is there anything you wish you knew before Ford replaced the engine that you found out after?

Like say an easy fix for a problem that poped up after or while the still have the truck get them to reflash for something or do this while there in there.

????

Thanks
Old 08-17-2017, 11:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No reply's so heres my list. 5.0 was replaced in August of 16.

If you are particular about your paint tell them not to bother washing "putting lots or swirl marks" it before you get it back. Im over it now but it erked me for a awhile.

If the bumper trim it not put back together properly/ and is missing fasteners

If the rubber weather panels behind the grill are destroyed / jammed back it a hole...loose

If you want you intake to not look like you just did the baja 1000 in contrast to the new shiny block. Clean it yourself before you drop it off.

Get something on paper if you want to know what they found. I was not told anything other than here are your keys. Document your in and out mileage yourself for your records.

Get something in writing about when they want they want the first oil change done. I literally was told "go by what the computer tells you" so.... I know thats a hot topic un to it self. In short for me had the first one at a little over 1000km and then 5000km. Later had it in (see next) and was asked point blank if I had ever had the oil changed (oil was changed at another dealer) because it still had a ford oil filter and um that oil really should have been changed after the first thousand or so km cause they need it.

Aprox 8000km on new engine and the serpentine belt blew Um really I get the fact that they would use the existing belt but I may have coughed up the $25 bucks for a new one at the time and saved the much larger bill.

If you think somethings up or wierd, say so, go back. Motor in my opinion sounds like it should now. Just a slight injector pulse noise. I was about to loose my mind when the belt started to go though . 3 spots it split tails 3-4 inch long. rev a motor any tell me what that sounds like AAAAA. But 2 weeks after I got the truck back I was like O thats new and I literally sat on it for 8 months. I have had it in and everything check out although I admit that I just said theres a vibration at idle so for a truck thats already had a motor I cant see the Dealer fine tooth combing. There is a vibration though, at idle sometimes in park but usually stop at a light. you can see the rpms dance and you can feel it in the seat and in the steering wheel. And 100% it wasnt there before.

Which leads me to the last one, the one I found tonight, the one that probably saved me a wiring harness. I know they cant get the harness back 100 percent and thats fine but if you think they did a half azz job and its missing loom or tape or the fasteners arnt pushed in check it, check the hole dam thing. I did let that slide and didnt think it was that bad. Tonight because my driverside hub is failing I was chasing vacuum lines. Drivers side on top of the inner fender I see the harness taped peels off and opened up and covered with water. If it wasnt raining tonight I probably wouldn't have seen it. Drips off the wiper plate basically at the hood and fender line. Funny thing is watching videos on the hub failures because the vacuum actuators were failing for the same reason. My Dad had a harness fail on a truck with 62000km on it I dont want to go through that because of something simple as a little tape and pulling it out of the drip line.

Any hoo other that that truck still runs like snot and my milage sucks cause I like the way it sounds. O other than the cab corners are rusting ....right forgot that
Old 08-18-2017, 09:47 PM

Received 141 Likes on 135 Posts

Out of curiosity, what dealer did you go to?
Old 08-19-2017, 09:16 AM

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I had my done down here in the south. Fortunately here our trucks don't have as much of the rust issues here and they actually lifted my cab off so they didn't disturb much at all. I did have a harness under the truck that was a little loose from tabs being removed and they fixed that. Truck runs perfect now and everything under the hood looks perfect. I have some kind of noise in the right passenger corner that I need to have looked at that may be from taking the cab off, mounting point. oter than that very professional job.

Quick Reply: 5.0 engine replacement question (for those who have had it)