Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZAKTEK Paint Protection?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 05:08 PM

Received 863 Likes on 588 Posts
Default ZAKTEK Paint Protection?

Does anybody have any recent experience with this stuff? It was part of a package deal I got when I bought my truck in April. Of course doing a little bit of research online found me nothing but how horrible it was . If something is so horrible, how can it still be going 5+ years down the road?

Any advice would be awesome. I'm supposed to take my truck back in October to have the paint protection put on.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:25 PM

Anybody?
Old 08-31-2016, 01:01 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Originally Posted by speeddemon0712
Does anybody have any recent experience with this stuff? It was part of a package deal I got when I bought my truck in April. Of course doing a little bit of research online found me nothing but how horrible it was . If something is so horrible, how can it still be going 5+ years down the road?

Any advice would be awesome. I'm supposed to take my truck back in October to have the paint protection put on.
It can be still going because dealers interesting in maximizing profits sell unsuspecting / ill-informed buyers packages of add-ons (paint and fabric protectants, dent removal, undercoating, soundproofing, maintenance plans, ...). That's how they keep going.

If you do research and found only horrible reviews, why on earth would you have them apply this to your paint?
Old 08-31-2016, 02:11 PM

Well mainly because everything I find is 5+ years old, I can't find anything recent. Since I spent $37k on the truck, I'll be perfectly fine never using this $299 product if it does more damage than good. The "deal" was your rate is 6% at 84 months, OR we add this warranty product, ZAKTEK, and GAP, with a 3% rate at 84 months, and your payment is exactly the same. Joke's on them, I already cancelled the warranty product, got the money refunded towards my loan, and my rate is still 3%. So now I'm only down $299 if I never use the ZAKTEK.

I'm curious about people's experience with this product, not what somebody told somebody else or what they read on a forum (like me).
Old 11-09-2017, 11:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speed... how did you cancel ZAKTEK... supposedly, at least at this point, it is NOT cancellable per the contract. Thx
Old 11-09-2017, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Star Guy
Speed... how did you cancel ZAKTEK... supposedly, at least at this point, it is NOT cancellable per the contract. Thx
I never was able to cancel it, but I have used it twice and am up again for it to be re-applied. It hasn't harmed my truck in any way, but I don't think I see a positive difference either. I'm very good about taking care of my vehicles, usually detailing them every other weekend. I'll probably stop getting it re-applied.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, haven't been on in a while. Yea, I got sucked into Zaktek as part of the financing shell game. (Most disgusting people on the face of the earth, IMHO.) So, yea, I'm going to force them to do it every 6 mos. as long as I own the dang truck. Who knows if they even do anything other than wash it and apply a nice wax. After the purchase and after finding out I couldn't cancel it, I inquired about when the original application I paid for would have been applied, since I didn't wait 3 hours after buying the truck for them to apply it. The service guy told me 'we do it when we prep the truck for sale'. Ha! Yea, right. They spend their money to do something that the customer may note even purchase? Give me a break. This is why people don't trust car dealerships. The people at my dealer, Grapevine Ford in Grapevine Texas, are like brick walls when you talk to them. Nothing is ever their fault and they have a concocted answer for anything you question them about. Well trained by the best psychologists in the country, I'm sure.

Also, I now see at the Service Center they are offering Zaktek everything! Oil conditioner, transmission conditioner, etc... next thing there will be Zaktek salsa at the sheik on-site cafe.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lone Star Guy
Sorry, haven't been on in a while. Yea, I got sucked into Zaktek as part of the financing shell game. (Most disgusting people on the face of the earth, IMHO.) So, yea, I'm going to force them to do it every 6 mos. as long as I own the dang truck. Who knows if they even do anything other than wash it and apply a nice wax. After the purchase and after finding out I couldn't cancel it, I inquired about when the original application I paid for would have been applied, since I didn't wait 3 hours after buying the truck for them to apply it. The service guy told me 'we do it when we prep the truck for sale'. Ha! Yea, right. They spend their money to do something that the customer may note even purchase? Give me a break. This is why people don't trust car dealerships. The people at my dealer, Grapevine Ford in Grapevine Texas, are like brick walls when you talk to them. Nothing is ever their fault and they have a concocted answer for anything you question them about. Well trained by the best psychologists in the country, I'm sure.

Also, I now see at the Service Center they are offering Zaktek everything! Oil conditioner, transmission conditioner, etc... next thing there will be Zaktek salsa at the sheik on-site cafe.
Haha that's funny, I bought my truck at Grapevine Ford. I think I did the ZakTek twice but haven't gone back since. I'm out $300 but whatever. It lowered my rate by 3% so I'm sure I'll have saved A LOT more in interest in the long run.
Old 03-25-2021, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

03/25/2021: I put my first 6 month coat of Zaktek Paint protection on and the truck had a great shine to it. More importantly 2 nights after bringing it home we had a hail storm from hell. It was a storm cell in Texas mid cities that produced a tornado the evening of 3/24 to the north of Lewisville. We were deluged by quarter size and golfball size hail for over 20 minutes and smaller hail on/off for over 2 hours. I inspected the truck today and there was NOT A SCRATCH on the vehicle. So not sure if that would have happened without Zaktek but I'm now glad I did it.

Quick Reply: ZAKTEK Paint Protection?