Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shorter Radio Antenna Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 10:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Shorter Radio Antenna Recommendations

I've got a 2016 F150 with the standard 3' radio antenna. I would like to replace my factory antenna with a shorter antenna. I've done some limited research and have found a few possibilities (3" to 9" or so sized antennas) but I'm not sure what brand/model is worth the investment. Ideally, I'd like to find an antenna that is compact and durable with minimal loss of reception quality. I am interested in any aftermarket product recommendations anyone might have. I did a search to see if anyone had previously posted anything similar but did not see anything. If this question has been addressed before, my sincere regrets. Thanks!
Old 04-14-2017, 12:31 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

http://antennax.com/
Old 11-26-2017, 05:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UPDATE

Several months ago, I took a gamble and decided to spend $25 for an antenna I bought through Amazon.
Amazon Amazon
It is a 3.5" antenna called "The Stubby" manufactured by Craven Speed. Easily installed within minutes. Just unscrew your factory antenna and replace it with The Stubby. To me, it looks way better than the factory 3' whip antenna that comes with the truck too.

I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex area and have also made numerous trips south of here along IH-35 all the way down to San Antonio. I have even driven to Eagle Pass, TX (US-Mexico border) while listening to an AM sports broadcast out of San Antonio without any issues. In my experience, it seems to maintain decent reception in both urban and rural environments.

I have also gone through automatic car washes with this antenna installed and I have not had any problems. Whereas before, I always had to remove my 3' factory antenna before entering the wash.

Nothing is perfect but for the size and cost of this antenna, and for only $25, overall it has been a pretty good deal for me thus far. Of course, depending upon where you live and your overall environment, your performance results and satisfaction with this product might differ from mine.

Last edited by cts4102; 11-26-2017 at 05:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BernieT (12-01-2017)