Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCT tuner or Bullydog???

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 07:35 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Default SCT tuner or Bullydog???

simple topic here... Seeing as both SCT and Bullydog are "sister" companies now and with the introduction of "derive" for use in both tuners.... does it mean that the custom tunes we buy are or will be compatible with both programmers? Does this also mean that features offered by one programmer will be soon available on the other programmer?
I as this because I'm in the market for a programmer soon and would hate to leave myself out in the cold when it came to custom tunes.

Maybe a supplier or custom tuner could chime in and clear this up.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:04 PM

Received 209 Likes on 166 Posts

Simple answer; just get the SCT. Not sure why you would want the Bullydog. SCT has what you want plus many tuners out there to get custom tunes from. Maybe 'cause you are in Canada?
Old 01-18-2015, 09:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by funmoneypit150
Simple answer; just get the SCT. Not sure why you would want the Bullydog. SCT has what you want plus many tuners out there to get custom tunes from. Maybe 'cause you are in Canada?
What the hell does canada have to do with it ?
Old 01-18-2015, 09:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Go with the sct man , if u look at the tuners thread thats stickied at the top of the page theres a poll , and sct is right up there and most popular with the guys on this forum , i myself got the sct x4 and am prettty frickin happy with it . Noticeable gains in power and its scans for codes , can calibrate your speedo for larger tires , all that good stuff . Also you can get customs tune written , specific for your truck , its pretty rad man .

Last edited by davieboi89; 01-19-2015 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:18 PM

I Understand that people favor the SCT brand and I can see why. Numerous people with good or better results and with the same people recommending that product.
That being said, one has to wonder what the future holds for us. With both companies now beniiting from each other and sharing tecnology it could only mean great things on the horizon. It only makes sense that there should be a "coming together" in regards to programming that would allow companies writing custom tunes the ability to write for both programmers.
Myself, having viewed both programmers in person , lean towards the ergonomics and styling of the Bullydog. But I want the ability to purchase the custom tunes that SCT allows. If "X" company had the ability to write tunes for both programmers with identical results, it would be a moot point and I would have made my purchase.
On a side note, what does being Canadian gotta do with it? Same truck here as there... Just a different speedometer.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:49 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This may be a stupid question but are any of the tuners switch on the fly like the ones for the powerstroke, or do you need to hook the programmer up to the OBD port and de-install current tune to install your next flavor?
Old 01-19-2015, 08:18 AM

Received 209 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by davieboi89
What the hell does canada have to do with it ?
I wondered if there were any shipping concerns. Maybe could get Bullydog in Canada but not the SCT. No disrespect meant
Old 01-19-2015, 08:23 AM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Originally Posted by taxgod4u
This may be a stupid question but are any of the tuners switch on the fly like the ones for the powerstroke, or do you need to hook the programmer up to the OBD port and de-install current tune to install your next flavor?
As of right now no, cant tune on the fly. But that being said, SCT announced at Sema this year that the Livewire TS model will be updated sometime so you can tune on the fly. When that will roll out, no idea.

OP, I would just go with a SCT tuner. SCT bought Bullydog last year and merged the two but it's gonna be a good while yet before any tuning product changes or models are rolled out to the public, aside from the Derive systems, they haven't even announced to their dealers yet what all the potential future changes will be or when.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by funmoneypit150
I wondered if there were any shipping concerns. Maybe could get Bullydog in Canada but not the SCT. No disrespect meant
Both are available and if one does their homework, the difference in price is $30.

Quick Reply: SCT tuner or Bullydog???