Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Katzkin or similar leather seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 11:39 PM
Whatupcraig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Katzkin or similar leather seats

I am looking at buying a new F150 this year. I am torn as I want leather seats but I don't want to pay the premium for it. With the xlt and the 302a package I can get a good price with heated seats. I imagine If I add aftermarket leather seats such as katzkin the factory leather seats no longer are useful. I know katzkin offers a heated seats kit but I'd like to keep it OEM looking. Just wanted to get anyone's input on how they went about replacing the OEM heated seats.
Old 03-03-2018, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a 2018 XLT with the heated cloth seats. Had the cloth removed and replaced with black leather katzkins. Seats are still heated and everything has factory look. I feel like my seats dont get quite as warm as when the cloth was there, probably cause the cloth was thinner. I asked about button placement for aftermarket heated katzkin seats as I was considering an STX without heated seats, and they werent sure of how the heated seats were turned on. Sorry, cant help there.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:40 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bmfgrayford
I bought a 2018 XLT with the heated cloth seats. Had the cloth removed and replaced with black leather katzkins. Seats are still heated and everything has factory look. I feel like my seats dont get quite as warm as when the cloth was there, probably cause the cloth was thinner. I asked about button placement for aftermarket heated katzkin seats as I was considering an STX without heated seats, and they werent sure of how the heated seats were turned on. Sorry, cant help there.
When installing the Katzkin covers are you meant to remove the factory cloth covers first or do the Katzkin covers simply go over the cloth covers?
Old 03-07-2018, 03:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Previous owner did the same thing. I have an XLT with 302A. Looks like the Katskin replaced the cloth. I've looked at some of the edges of the leather installing car seats and what not, and I don't see any sign of factory cloth. This leather looks better than factory.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are a number of posts regarding Katzkin seat skins on this forum, but the Katzkin seat skins DO replace the seat cover. There are also videos of the install. I am patiently waiting for my Katzkins to arrive.

Quick Reply: Question about Katzkin or similar leather seats