Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Truck Accessory help(07)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Truck Accessory help(07)

Hey guys, this is my first post so bear with me.

I have driven an 98 150 for a long time, but its time to upgrade. I'm looking at an 07 150 lariat crew cab. Here's the link:

http://ps.getauto.com/dealer/details...W14V97KB31371/

Anyways, I like the truck, and its extremely clean(under side looks new!) but I want to add a few add-ons to it and need some experienced help. The first thing that I don't like about it is the wheel/tire area. I need wheel options! Tires are still great, so would like to run them if possible.

What I want to mod is:

--Wheels(thinking Dick Cepec DC-1 wheels)---not sure which though, I will be driving in winter conditions, and don't want my wheels to rust/junk out anytime soon.

--Tonneau Cover(need opinions, want a low profile one/flat one(soft) and can be a roll up.) Thinking Access Vanish cover

---Floor Mats(extremely important to me, so thinking Weather Tech Floorliner DigitalFit)

---Bed Mat(doesn't have a liner, so opting with mat. Thought maybe DeeZee)

---Billet Grill(Think this is another downfall of this truck. Needs a Polished grill. Want a full replacement one, not just cover up. Thought Carriage works polished.)

---Exhaust(Needs a good throaty sound. Don't like the young kid loud/bad sound...but a good meaty sound. Thought maybe Flowmaster 50 series).

And then, if I had the extra cash, I thought I'd throw in a k&n cold air and an SCT X3 tuner.

Let me hear it, please give as much opinion as you can! Be honest if I'm way wrong, let me know!

Thank you!
Brad
Old 05-21-2009, 02:33 PM
60th Anniversary

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Looks great man, wheel n' deal em. I got my 08 for 15 grand off!
I'am deployed right now so I dont have any intel on any of the ideas your looking at but there's an awesome reviews here, and youtube can help you out with the exhaust.
I bet you can get the dealer to do a underbody and bed spray for 4 - 5 hundred.
I am also looking for most of the stuff your looking at but again I am Deployed.
good luck
Old 05-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradracer18
Hey guys, this is my first post so bear with me.

I have driven an 98 150 for a long time, but its time to upgrade. I'm looking at an 07 150 lariat crew cab. Here's the link:

http://ps.getauto.com/dealer/details...W14V97KB31371/

Anyways, I like the truck, and its extremely clean(under side looks new!) but I want to add a few add-ons to it and need some experienced help. The first thing that I don't like about it is the wheel/tire area. I need wheel options! Tires are still great, so would like to run them if possible.

What I want to mod is:

--Wheels(thinking Dick Cepec DC-1 wheels)---not sure which though, I will be driving in winter conditions, and don't want my wheels to rust/junk out anytime soon.

--Tonneau Cover(need opinions, want a low profile one/flat one(soft) and can be a roll up.) Thinking Access Vanish cover

---Floor Mats(extremely important to me, so thinking Weather Tech Floorliner DigitalFit)

---Bed Mat(doesn't have a liner, so opting with mat. Thought maybe DeeZee)

---Billet Grill(Think this is another downfall of this truck. Needs a Polished grill. Want a full replacement one, not just cover up. Thought Carriage works polished.)

---Exhaust(Needs a good throaty sound. Don't like the young kid loud/bad sound...but a good meaty sound. Thought maybe Flowmaster 50 series).

And then, if I had the extra cash, I thought I'd throw in a k&n cold air and an SCT X3 tuner.

Let me hear it, please give as much opinion as you can! Be honest if I'm way wrong, let me know!

Thank you!
Brad
Well my friend I can point you in the direction for some of these.

1st. The exhaust is a very touchy subject for lots. These 04-08 engines are very quiet in comparison to most others so keep that in mind. I really suggest youtube to get some sound ideas.

I have the super 40's but from your description I doubt it's for you.

2nd. SCT is a great tuner to go with.

www.VMPtuning.com
www.lasotaracing.com
www.troyerperfomance.com <<--be ready to wait forever for your tunes.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:36 PM

Thanks for the opinions/info guys! Keep it coming.

Remember tonneau cover, wheels, grille

Thanks!
Brad
Old 05-26-2009, 03:05 PM

Can anyone give me an idea on wheels atleast? I'd really like to know if these would look good...and also, how to know which wheels will hold up to the winter elements.

Thank you!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before you go and buy some new wheels. I found a really good article about looking for new wheels at http://truckaddonsinsider.com/index....-right-wheels/

I also recently just bought the extang revolution bed cover and I thoroughly enjoy it. Unlike cheaper snap on covers, this cover will automatically snap into place. Great product! Check out the extang factory outlet, that's where I got mine, it was the best deal I could find.
http://www.extangfactoryoutlet.com/e...evolution.html

Quick Reply: New Truck Accessory help(07)