Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlights turning off in park

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights turning off in park

Hi Everyone,
First time F150 owner and kicking myself for not getting one sooner! I currently have a 2018 302A/sport packaged XLT. I decided to swap in LED headlights to replace the regular halogen bulbs (yes I understand this is frowned upon, thats a discussion for another time) however I did purchase bulbs with the intention of avoiding throwing glare at oncoming drivers
Amazon Amazon
. What i've encountered for the first time is the bulbs automatically turning off while putting the car into park, including the fog lights. Has anyone ran into a situation where they've replaced halogen bulbs with LED bulbs and had the truck shut the lights off when putting the vehicle into park? Is this a heating safety issue or simply a settings issue? Just want to make sure I'm not creating the potential for any wiring harnesses melting or anything like that.

Thanks in advance and really excited to be a part of this forum.

Last edited by F150C52888; 12-02-2018 at 05:13 PM. Reason: adding model year
Old 12-03-2018, 04:32 PM

Received 74 Likes on 41 Posts

They are supposed to do that. DRL only come on when the truck is in drive. It's in the owners manual.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:29 PM

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,570 Posts

Can you post your output shots against a wall? Curious as to how those perform since you mentioned the no intention to throw glare but threw LED bulbs in there anyway. The SL1 bulbs are the some of the very few LED bulbs that I have seen posted here that aren't a complete **** show when it comes to glare. LOL.

As far as them turning off, you can use FORSCAN to change the DRL function to another bulb such as the turn signal or parking lights. The LED bulbs are a lower wattage than the factory halogens so no issues with the wiring there.

Quick Reply: Headlights turning off in park