Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Question

I have a brand new 2012 FX4 with the 5.0 and I want it to sound like a truck. I am about to pull the trigger on some mods this weekend and have a shop that is pushing a MBRP cat back system, looks good and what I am looking for, it's the higher end dual split side T304 system.

Does anyone have any experience with this system. I've heard the aluminized steel systems don't last.

They also carry flowmaster, wich is a little less expensive, but doesnt sound as aggressive. I can get the MBRP system installed for about $850. For that kind of money, that almost puts me into Borla-range.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:39 PM

I have this exhaust for my 5.4L.......... Sounds Amazing in my opinion, smooth rumble when cruising. Deep, aggressive growl when you get on it. I bought mine from Autoanything.com for just under $500. (shipped to Canda). A friend and I installed it in 1.5hr.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Your Mod Superstore!

Received 167 Likes on 151 Posts

Thanks CandyF1!! Yes, MBRP makes a great product!
I just called over to MBRP and they are still working on their 2012 F150 application. Right now we just carry F150 exhaust systems up to the 2011. Click here for MBRP product info, pricing and reviews!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:09 PM

Wow, I just installed the stainless, dual, MBRP cat-back system on my truck and could not be happier. Sounds better than the F250 with the V10 I used to have. Instantly brings a smile to my face when I turn the key!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ranger06
I have a brand new 2012 FX4 with the 5.0 and I want it to sound like a truck. I am about to pull the trigger on some mods this weekend and have a shop that is pushing a MBRP cat back system, looks good and what I am looking for, it's the higher end dual split side T304 system.

Does anyone have any experience with this system. I've heard the aluminized steel systems don't last.

They also carry flowmaster, wich is a little less expensive, but doesnt sound as aggressive. I can get the MBRP system installed for about $850. For that kind of money, that almost puts me into Borla-range.
For another 150$ you can get borla. if Ur spending that type of money go with borla the best exhaust u can buy for American v8's.i really don't know anything about MBRP i meen they sound decent but want way to much money and flowmasters stay away from that crap there exhaust is junk (personal experience) rite now i have magnaflow i love em but that me i like it cause its mellow at highway speeds but lets out a roar when u get on it.i don't think u would like magnaflow its a lot more tame then what Ur looking for but the price and durability u can't beat it .so i say go on YouTube type in f150 exhaust and look see what u like make Ur decision ..if it was me and i had the money borla would be on
Old 02-20-2012, 08:17 PM
banjer picker

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Borla atak sounds pretty good to me.It's normally around $1000,but I have found some deals online.At one time auto anything had it for around 950 with add.10% off + free shipping.I haven't heard anything more aggressive other than straight pipe.It's just a little steep for me.I'm thinking about flowmaster 10 with custom exhaust for about $300 at a local shop.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Your Mod Superstore!

Received 167 Likes on 151 Posts

Borla makes a great product too, it really just depends on the sound you want (amongst other things)! Here is the link to Borla exhaust for the F150.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Question