Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bed mat question

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 10:17 AM

Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Bed mat question

Hello all, I have a 2018 SCREW with a 6.5 bed. It has a spray in liner and Bakflip cover. I’d like to get a bed mat, specifically as padding for more delicate things I might carry, to keep things from sliding around so much (yeah, I know I can use the tie-downs) and to save my knees if I’m kneeling in the bed.

Amazon has the BedRug bed mat and the OEM bed mat (rubber) for about the same price. I’ve seen both for a little cheaper than Amazon on different sites, but when I factor in shipping I lose any savings.

I was wondering if anyone could make any recommendations between the two. Any pros or cons? Alternatively, if you recommend something else, I’d appreciate your recommendation as well.
TIA
Old 01-05-2019, 12:33 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

i'm curious about the spray-in liner you have. i have line-x and nothing slides in my bed. just today i had an aluminum ladder, a 2 wheel dolly and 2 fridge doors on one trip and nothing moved an inch after a 30 min street/highway drive.

i would suggest checking craigslist first to see if anyone is selling an oem liner cheap (unless you require a brand new one). both have had good reviews but rubber is impervious to water and should theoretically last longer (though i doubt you would wear through either one in your lifetime).
Old 01-05-2019, 01:32 PM

Received 336 Likes on 261 Posts

I had the rubber mat on my trucks years ago. They serve a purpose. Only thing is usually my knees on the tailgate is where it hurts. The rubber bed mat doesn't solve that problem.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:23 PM

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

I have line-x, OEM trifold hard tonneau [which looks like it was made by Bakflip] and the OEM rubber bed mat. Nothing slides on the mat and it fits perfectly. My neighbor has the bed rug in his GMC 2500 and it is a pain to clean. Everything seems to stick to the fabric of the rug...
Old 01-05-2019, 07:11 PM

Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

Thanks, all, for the feedback. Termite, I was kind of wondering if the bed rug trapped dirt...thanks for that. Nineball, I have the Ford spray in liner. It isn’t slippery like a drop in, bug things do tend to slide around a bit. I’d love to find one used, and I’ve been looking, bug haven’t found anything.
Thanks!
Old 01-05-2019, 08:11 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

I had the same concerns what seems like eons ago so I opted for the BedTred Pro, it's a drop in liner made by the same company that makes the BedRug. It's impervious and non slip. Anything you put in the bed will stick where it is unless you drive aggressively.

It has a rubber like texture/finish and a padded underlay so it's easy on the knees and looks sprayed in. Love it!!!!

Old 01-15-2019, 01:56 PM

Received 74 Likes on 41 Posts

I also have the exact same setup as you. Stuff kept sliding around on the bed liner. So I bought this rubber bed mat. Works and fits great in my 6.5' bed.

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/DZ...-6-8ftBed.html

Last edited by ward2018; 01-15-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:15 PM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
I had the same concerns what seems like eons ago so I opted for the BedTred Pro, it's a drop in liner made by the same company that makes the BedRug. It's impervious and non slip. Anything you put in the bed will stick where it is unless you drive aggressively.

It has a rubber like texture/finish and a padded underlay so it's easy on the knees and looks sprayed in. Love it!!!!

With that Man step... no need to get on your knees...lol

Quick Reply: Bed mat question