Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anzo U Bar Projectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 06:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anzo U Bar Projectors

I have searched the forum and can't seem to find the answer to my question...

Can someone please tell me which Anzo u bar headlights I need to order for my 2012. I am planning to put HID's in them but some sites say "not HID compatible" and others say "for use with factory HID" so I'm really confused. I know some come with LED installed and I want to try the LED's out before I buy the HID kit. My king ranch didn't come with stock HID so I am having to buy the kit separate I'm guessing. For now I'd be ok with the Anzo u bars that come with the LED installed already.

So does anyone have a website I can order some damn Anzo headlights from that would be HID compatible if I choose to go that route down the road?
Old 07-14-2017, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realize this thread is very old, but just so happens I just called Anzo and talked to them about this.

There are two Anzo U-bar style headlights for my 2010 F150. One is for the factory HID setup, the other is for the halogen setup, which I have.

Here is the halogen, part number 111263: http://www.anzousa.com/ford-f-150-09...yle-amber.html

HID version is 111351: http://www.anzousa.com/ford-f-150-09...yle-amber.html

Notice the HID version says it does not come with the HID kit. Anzo said it is illegal for aftermarket companies to sell HID lights, so they only sell HID compatible shells.

hth
Old 07-15-2017, 12:32 PM

Thanks for the info late or not haha. I actually ended up getting the ones that were for my truck and I added some custom hids in a week later. Love the headlights. Only ever seen 1 truck in person that has the same lights so I like its different.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:34 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

If you don't have HIDs in your truck, order the halogen style ones. IF they are projector housings then you can install LED/HID in them. Anzo does not sell HID/LED bulbs just housings, so they'll give you whatever is LEGAL (projectors with halogen bulbs OR empty projectors to re-use your existing HID lights).

Some trucks have HID from the factory. You'd re-use those bulbs in the new housings.
Some trucks don't have HID and have halogen from factory. So you'd re-use those bulbs.

With either option you CAN put in whatever bulb you want. Installing LED or HID in new housing IF your truck is equpped with H13 Halogen bulbs is EASIER because there are tons of kits out there.

IF your truck has HID and you get new housings AND you want to replace those HIDs... that becomes a bit trickier. Direct OEM replacement bulbs are easiest, plug and play. Installing a new aftermarket HID kit is trickier. The wires/ballasts are not re-used and you have to disconnect them and figure some wiring out is all.

I see you already got things taken care of but at least if anybody else needs the same info they have it
Old 07-17-2017, 07:41 AM

Hey bravo, cool truck. Lights look good. I see from your sig you installed HIDs. Guessing you went for the HID shells and put an HID kit in it.

I am upgrading my heads, am considering doing the exact same thing. So, a few obvious questions:

How is the quality of the anzo shells? Any short term or lomg term issues? They seemed like good folks when I talked to them.

Which HID kit did you use? How is the quality of the kit, and the quality of the light? Any issues here?

Any other recommendations for a HID newb such as myself?

Thanks bud.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:51 AM

Hey 4x4, thx for the info. Have a 2010 Lariat 4x, stock halogen, am upgrading the heads.

Do you think I can put LED in the Anzo HID shells? Any issues with fitment, light quality, or longevity?

What is the experience of your customers who retrofit LED? Any general upgrade suggestions?

Thx for the info.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:46 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by jackrs1965
Hey 4x4, thx for the info. Have a 2010 Lariat 4x, stock halogen, am upgrading the heads.

Do you think I can put LED in the Anzo HID shells? Any issues with fitment, light quality, or longevity?

What is the experience of your customers who retrofit LED? Any general upgrade suggestions?

Thx for the info.
i have the anzo lights in my '13 and bought the 4x4 led lights. i haven't installed them yet but i'm not exactly sure i will. their led bulbs are considerably longer than the halogen versions and will require modification to the rubber boot, if it even fits when the bulbs are installed. i'm not sure i want to open myself up for the possibility of more moisture getting into the headlights as they already have some condensation, which i can only see getting worse with more space to allow moisture to enter.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:43 AM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

jacks: I honestly don't know. I don't know what housing you have so I can't tell you'd need to tell me which product you are using for your headlights. You should be able to put LEDs in there though but again, I don't know what size since you didn't mention which housing you have.

nine: we have available rubber boots that are typically necessary for our longer LED bulbs (you'd need to know what size opening to pick the right size boot)

Last edited by 230748; 07-21-2017 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:16 AM

The anzo look great and have been great so far... only issue I have is they fog up a bit inside because I had them slightly modified to fit retro solutions HIDs in them. Both the housing and lights have been flawless minus the heat from the south and the humidity causing them to fog slightly after heavy rain.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:17 AM

A quick shot of the truck as is today except I blacked out the orange reflectors in the mirrors and my pup who decided she needed to be in the picture haha
The following users liked this post:
jackrs1965 (07-24-2017)

Quick Reply: Anzo U Bar Projectors