Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 150 headlights????

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2006 150 headlights????

I want to replace my oem headlights they are yellowing and look like crap. I've read a lot of mixed reviews of aftermarket kits. Some have dim lights or don't fit properly. I'm looking at the black back ground lights. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 01-20-2018, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want the same thing. I need the headlights to actually work at night though. See a lot on amazon and eBay that don’t cost that much but the halo type seem to have bad reviews that they look good but don’t work very well.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:58 PM
F150 Forum

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Our best seller is Spyder Auto and we very rarely have any complaints about the quality of the lights. They have models with the black background and their customer service is top notch! If you find some you like feel free to shoot us a PM and we can see what kind of Forum Pricing we can get you!

Jake
Old 02-01-2018, 07:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a kit and found that it works pretty good at clearing the lens up then I bought high watt LED'S of the internet for less than 30 bucks from China they have turbo motors for cooling. I have trouble seeing at night with stock lights. These babies will light up your world. they shine much farther down the road and to the sides. the guy coming at you may not like you but the guy behind you will love you because the road and overhead signs are lit up from a much greater distance.I have never had to use the high beams. the only problem you will have is when installing the replacement bulbs, you will have to trim the ridge lines on the bulb side about 3/8 inch to go all the way into the socket and twist lock.(on the ones I bought) the only negative I have found if you have them on without the motor running the turbo fans on the bulbs are noisey.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:16 AM

Received 924 Likes on 606 Posts

Any "kit" to clean the lense will not last... uv coating is gone thats what causes the yellowing. Need to either replace or wetsand and clearcoat the lense with a uv resistant clearcoat. Also, please dont do what this guy above did with cheap leds and blind all oncoming traffic and anybody you come up behind...
Old 02-01-2018, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 338 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by cwalter
I bought a kit and found that it works pretty good at clearing the lens up then I bought high watt LED'S of the internet for less than 30 bucks from China they have turbo motors for cooling. I have trouble seeing at night with stock lights. These babies will light up your world. they shine much farther down the road and to the sides. the guy coming at you may not like you but the guy behind you will love you because the road and overhead signs are lit up from a much greater distance.I have never had to use the high beams. the only problem you will have is when installing the replacement bulbs, you will have to trim the ridge lines on the bulb side about 3/8 inch to go all the way into the socket and twist lock.(on the ones I bought) the only negative I have found if you have them on without the motor running the turbo fans on the bulbs are noisey.
Good LEDs don't require trimming, they also don't cause glare and can be safely used in an incandescent/halogen reflector bowl. Additionally, those fans can spin up to 12k rpm, so while they make some noise, they shouldn't be noticeable unless you have no sound deadening and they're sleeved bearings.

Originally Posted by eyecandynsx
Any "kit" to clean the lense will not last... uv coating is gone thats what causes the yellowing. Need to either replace or wetsand and clearcoat the lense with a uv resistant clearcoat. Also, please dont do what this guy above did with cheap leds and blind all oncoming traffic and anybody you come up behind...
True on the UV coating and true on the "fix" for that. Also true about the cheap LEDs causing huge amounts of glare. Don't be that guy. If you're going to get LEDs, be responsible and get proper LEDs with a retrofit/low beam cutoff shield built into the LED itself.

Quick Reply: 2006 150 headlights????