Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pace Edwards Ultragroove tonneau cover?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 06:53 PM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Pace Edwards Ultragroove tonneau cover?

Anyone have this cover? Unable to find a good video review of the cover.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:12 PM
F150 Forum

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by jason430
Anyone have this cover? Unable to find a good video review of the cover.
We got a guy here we are trying to get the pace edwards ultragroove or the undercover ridgelander. This cover debuted at SEMA last year and we have only sold a few. (Good feedback from the customers that have purchased them) I am hoping he gets the cover so we can get a sweet install video and some hands-on experience.

You can check out this video we took last year at sema about the ultragroove.

If you have any questions let me know!
Old 10-15-2017, 04:18 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have one, does everything I want, very minor amount of water no matter how much it rains.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one also. Was easy to install and keeps most of the water out. Only issue I've had is the drain hose by the tail gate keeps coming off. Rubber gets hot in this florida sun and it slips off. I haven't actually bought racks to use as it was intended yet so I can't say how that will work, but it looks like it would work very well.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:44 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

So I am guessing this is much better than the old Pace Edwards roll tops from the 90's? I had one of those and it really was not a good cover. I like the Ridgelander and had an Elite on my last 2 Ram trucks that I moved from one to the other. The new F150 has a shorter bed plus wouldn't fit anyway. I do miss the extra ease of a roll top. The last one I had was a Roll-N-Lock but they are not as good as they used to be. I mainly want the bars to carry 3 bikes when my camper is hooked up.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:44 PM

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

The Pace Edwards Ultra Groove is a great cover, although not much too different than the Pace Edwards Jackrabbit. The main difference is that the Ultra Groove includes the built - in RES Rail Expansion System, which makes it easy to attach nearly any Thule or Yakima rack for bikes, kayaks and even cargo baskets. Definitely a well built product and perfect for the outdoor enthusiast.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:07 AM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Truck Brigade
The Pace Edwards Ultra Groove is a great cover, although not much too different than the Pace Edwards Jackrabbit. The main difference is that the Ultra Groove includes the built - in RES Rail Expansion System, which makes it easy to attach nearly any Thule or Yakima rack for bikes, kayaks and even cargo baskets. Definitely a well built product and perfect for the outdoor enthusiast.
Thanks for the heads up. I definitely need the Ultragroove for the crossbar option. Just trying to decide if I want to sped the extra for it or just go with the Undercover. I like the Pace Edwards not needing an extra key.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This one is on the short list. Those of you with one, how has it performed? Happy with it? Any complaints or challenges? Dislikes?

If you carry MTBs or roadbikes, any excessive sway or wobble that can be attributed to the RES channel (play or sloppiness), or is it solid enough?
Old 01-28-2018, 08:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Archetype
This one is on the short list. Those of you with one, how has it performed? Happy with it? Any complaints or challenges? Dislikes?

If you carry MTBs or roadbikes, any excessive sway or wobble that can be attributed to the RES channel (play or sloppiness), or is it solid enough?

The cover itself has been great. It's solid, slides well, installs easily and is 95% water tight. Overall based on that alone I'd recommend it. I can't comment about the RES channel as I haven't used it yet.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:13 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Monkeydias
The cover itself has been great. It's solid, slides well, installs easily and is 95% water tight. Overall based on that alone I'd recommend it. I can't comment about the RES channel as I haven't used it yet.
Thanks for the feedback. Do you have the metal version? Any noise or rattling at highway speeds?