Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

13 5.0 exhaust recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 08:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 13 5.0 exhaust recommendations

Looking to put either a single or dual cat back on my 13 5.0l so far I've narrowed my picks down to
1.) Solo mach x duals
2.) corsa sport exhaust
3.) Solo single -mach 46 resonator option
I've considered borla and Roush as well. Anyone have any recommendations? I don't want stupid loud or annoying drone, something long trip friendly but still good deep rumble on acceleration.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I know it's not on your list, but I was mainly looking for a little extra sound on my '13 5.0. I just did a muffler swap and went with a Flowmaster 50 Delta Flow. I've been on a few road trips, one 8 hours each way and it never got to a point I regretted it. I have a nice rumble at idle and it get's pretty loud on a heavy acceleration.

If I had to do it again, I'd consider a Flowmaster Super 40, but that may be a little loud on the highway on trips; which is also stopping me from removing the resonator to get a little more sound out of the 50DF. IMHO, pipes are pipes, so I didn't go with a full exhaust, just the muffler.

My buddy has a Borla and there is no resonation. Out of your list, I'd say Corsa.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:16 PM

Received 6,203 Likes on 4,674 Posts

Magnaflow is what I went with, same engine and year as your truck, it's got a deep rumble at idle no drone on the hwy and it's fairly quiet around town but when you put your foot down it'll scream like a race car.
The following users liked this post:
Magna_Flow (08-10-2017)
Old 08-06-2017, 10:06 PM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunfire704
Looking to put either a single or dual cat back on my 13 5.0l so far I've narrowed my picks down to
1.) Solo mach x duals
2.) corsa sport exhaust
I've considered borla and Roush as well. Anyone have any recommendations? I don't want stupid loud or annoying drone, something long trip friendly but still good deep rumble on acceleration.
I'm in the same situation with a 2017 5.0 I just bought. I'm thinking flowmaster or magnaflow. I've actually had magnaflow on 3 vehicles in the past and liked it but each time I've found myself wishing it was a little louder but I never wanted ridiculous loud or drone in the cab so I stuck with it. YouTube has a lot of videos to listen to as well to help you chose.

Randall
Old 08-07-2017, 02:24 PM
Platinum Vendor

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunfire704
1.) Solo mach x duals
2.) corsa sport exhaust
For your vehicle I would recommend the Borla exhaust "S" type. This exhaust is going to be mildly louder then you factory exhaust. There should not be drone during highway travel. You will definitely hear it when you are accelerating though.

Let me know if you have any questions.

You can contact us at 877-216-5446 or PM any of us.
Kyle@RealTruck – ext 1301 kyle.carson@realtruck.com
Zach@RealTruck – Ext 1289 or email zach.garafola@realtruck.com
https://www.realtruck.com/
Old 08-10-2017, 05:02 PM
F150 Forum

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Sunfire, it sounds like one of our systems may be able to achieve the sound you are looking for. If there are anything questions we can answer for you, please feel free to PM or call us anytime!
Old 01-27-2018, 03:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to go with the Solo Mach 40 on my 2017 5.0L as soon as there is some sign of spring.
I put Solo duels on my 2010 Camaro SS, they designed a custom exhaust that eliminated the drone for that car, and it is amazing, sound outside is loud, inside it is perfect. They claim to have done the same for the F150 kits so I'm going to go with what I have had success with before. The 4 X 3.5 inch chrome outlets are going to look pretty sweet as well.