Topic Sponsor

2012 Ecoboost buying advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 11:33 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Default 2012 Ecoboost buying advice

Hello again Gents and Ladies. Still searching for a used F150 and found one that I am interested in. Regarding the EcoBoost I know there were issues with the first ones in 2011 so I decided to steer clear of them if possible. I have found a very clean one owner 2012 supercrew XLT 4x4 with the ecoboost. It's got some nice package additions. Sticker on it was over 43,000. The only thing I would want to do is get the XLT console to add. It was ordered with the 3.31 for mileage because it was used for a lot of traveling as you can tell by the 113,000 miles that are on it. So please if you wouldn't mind let me know what you think about that many miles on the Ecoboost. Should I be worried about that? Or is there nothing to worry about as long as it's been maintained properly? I will do my part of seeing what has or hasn't been done to it maintenance wise. The truck will be a weekend driver only with some light towing and hauling. It will eventually tow a small travel trailer down the road but I know it won't be an issue for this truck. I would say the truck will be lucky to get 5,000 miles put on it a year. For that reason I am thinking buying one with higher mileage may not be an issue for me. Thanks in advance

P.S. if it matters to you guys, the lowest price I can get on the truck is $20,791.00 That is over 5k under clean retail NADA value. That is by far the best deal I have found in the 3 months I've been looking
Old 06-10-2015, 08:50 AM

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts

I have always been of the opinion that mileage AND age are the important factors. Since this truck is only two to three years old, that would suggest all miles were highway miles. Highway miles are easy on a car and engine.

A buddy of mine only buys used cars that are a couple years old. He's never concerned with mileage and has bought some with upwards of 150,000. He always has good good service and long life out of the cars he's bought.

Good luck.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a great value... If serviced properly, I would not balk at the mileage. My concern would be the 3.31 and towing. This indicates the truck likely does not have a factory towing package. Regardless, this Eco will certainly tow a trailer, efficiency becomes the issue here.

Quick Reply: 2012 Ecoboost buying advice