Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

trashed my epas?

Old 01-04-2018, 05:56 PM

Received 260 Likes on 191 Posts

Default trashed my epas?

well, lately I've had some front end noise that I haven't been able to chase down. on the highway yesterday, i got a horrendous shudder and vibration that felt like i was running over railroad tracks, so i pull over. looked under the truck and can see nothing, except one of the passenger side lower control arm bolts was obviously loose and had slid back and forth, I believe causing the mentioned horrific shudder/vibration. i turn around, head home, jack up the truck and take the wheel off, and easily reposition the djm control arm and then retightened the bolt.

so i'm thinking i eliminated the noise....not so, it was still there (noise still hasn't been identified)

anyway, this moring i pull the truck out of the garage to put it up on stands again, and after i have it up on stands i walked back to the garage and noticed a large puddle of very clear hydraulic oil that is exactly between the front wheels of the truck, or just slight forward of them. so i start looking under the truck and oil appears to be dripping under the center section of the epas.

so, this is my only driver. now i normally like working on my truck....but on my terms. so in that regard, necessary repairs, just so i don't have to walk, really get my temper up.

so, i came to the conclusion that I've had enough of it being my only driver, so i parked it, dropped the insurance, went to Jordan Ford and bought a left over 2017 supercab stx 5.0l

i'm doing no mods to the new truck. i want something i don't have to work on....

ok so the question is, what do i need to know about finding a replacement epas for my 2013? there's a used one for sale locally from a very low mileage 2013 that had a v6 non-eco boost. will it work, and does it require some sort of software update? and if it does, is it done thru the ecu? important because i'm running a 5 star tune for the roush blower.

sorry it's so long....on the other hand, i'll post a picture of the new ride in a few minutes...
Old 01-04-2018, 06:02 PM

Default new daily

i think i can live with this
Attached Images  
Old 01-05-2018, 12:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey why is my truck in that picture??
Old 01-05-2018, 09:18 AM

lol

well i was able to talk Mike at 5 star tuning and he was able to help me out regarding the recalibration, if it's needed.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And in SA. ATX here.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:10 PM

i'll be passing thru Austin tomorrow on the way to Georgetown to pick up a used EPAS

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: trashed my epas?