Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

How many spacer rings to use for Belltech

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 11:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default How many spacer rings to use for Belltech

I have a 2017 Ford F150 4x4 supercrew and got the Belltech lowering struts. I want to go just the 2 inch or maybe 1.5 inches just not sure yet. My question is how many rings do I use to get either 2 inches or 1.5 inches? Thanks
Old 02-18-2021, 05:06 AM
Hold my beer

Received 435 Likes on 282 Posts

Belltech instructions for 4wd say:
2 big rings + 1 small ring = 2" drop
3 big rings = 1.5" drop
Old 02-18-2021, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by jbone36
3 big rings = 1.5" drop
thanks for replying @jbone36. I've been hearing that on some Ford trucks it's a guessing game lol. Just wondering if going by the instructions if it's correct drop or not
Old 02-18-2021, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by jbone36
3 big rings = 1.5" drop
@jbone36 how many big rings and small rings come in the box? I had them installed on my 4x4 and I told then go just the 2 inch setting and it looks like they went the full 3 inch and they couldn't get it lined up correctly and the fronts toe in now. When I looked in the box that they put spare parts in I had 2 big rings left and 6 small rings left. I don't know what they put on mine. I know I have to get them to raise it now and not happy about that
Old 02-18-2021, 04:53 PM
Blown Member

Received 185 Likes on 152 Posts

I wish I would have got around to answering this yesterday for you. It would have gave you the complete answers that you need. I searched high and low for these answers before I did my Belltech 1001SP kit on a 4x4. They were nowhere to be found. They are here now.

Mine is a 2019 FX4 SuperCrew. I have done Belltech struts on two previous 2wd F150s. There are two chart settings for the rings in the instructions. One for 2wd and one for 4wd. There are some differences between the front suspension besides it being 2wd and 4wd.

Like Jbone36 said the 4wd setup is 2 big rings and 1 small ring according to the instructions. I decided to try the 2wd setting and put 1 big ring on because I liked that height on my previous 2wd trucks and I was still able to align it without slotting the frame. That did not work out because it looked like a 2wd 3" or more drop on the front and was way lower than the rear.

I changed the setting to 4wd settings of 2 big rings and 1 small ring on each side. It is almost perfectly level now not even an 1/8th of difference front to rear. Anyway you go the frame needs to be slotted (Belltech says not to extend the slot more than a 1/2"). Mine has not been slotted yet. It has 1 degree of negative camber but the ford spec is no more than .75 degrees of camber.

So my preferred setting on the front struts would be 2 big rings on each strut.

I think the front needs to be a little lower. I am leaning toward removing the 1 small ring which would lower the front another 1/2" rather than 1 big ring which will lower it 1"). The frame needs to be slotted either way it goes.

Disclaimer: The info I provided only applies to the 4wd CrewCab. I think the Regular Cab sits higher in the rear because of the wheelbase and weight difference.

I hear bitching about the ride quality of the Belltech kit. Maybe so on different cab and drive configurations. I have to agree with JonP, who has the same truck as mine, that the ride quality is good and no vibrations.

Last edited by LTNBOLT; 02-18-2021 at 05:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
4wheelinmilkman (02-18-2021)
Old 02-18-2021, 05:07 PM
Blown Member

These are at the 2 big and 1 small ring setting.

Last edited by LTNBOLT; 02-18-2021 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Text
The following 3 users liked this post by LTNBOLT:
4wheelinmilkman (02-18-2021), dirtmod30 (02-19-2021), Gpitty (07-20-2021)
Old 02-18-2021, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by LTNBOLT
I wish I would have got around to answering this yesterday for you. It would have gave you the complete answers that you need. I searched high and low for these answers before I did my Belltech 1001SP kit on a 4x4. They were nowhere to be found. They are here now.

Mine is a 2019 FX4 SuperCrew. I have done Belltech struts on two previous 2wd F150s. There are two chart settings for the rings in the instructions. One for 2wd and one for 4wd. There are some differences between the front suspension besides it being 2wd and 4wd.

Like Jbone36 said the 4wd setup is 2 big rings and 1 small ring according to the instructions. I decided to try the 2wd setting and put 1 big ring on because I liked that height on my previous 2wd trucks and I was still able to align it without slotting the frame. That did not work out because it looked like a 2wd 3" or more drop on the front and was way lower than the rear.

I changed the setting to 4wd settings of 2 big rings and 1 small ring on each side. It is almost perfectly level now not even an 1/8th of difference front to rear. Anyway you go the frame needs to be slotted (Belltech says not to extend the slot more than a 1/2"). Mine has not been slotted yet. It has 1 degree of negative camber but the ford spec is no more than .75 degrees of camber.

So my preferred setting on the front struts would be 2 big rings on each strut.

I think the front needs to be a little lower. I am leaning toward removing the 1 small ring which would lower the front another 1/2" rather than 1 big ring which will lower it 1"). The frame needs to be slotted either way it goes.

Disclaimer: The info I provided only applies to the 4wd CrewCab. I think the Regular Cab sits higher in the rear because of the wheelbase and weight difference.

I hear bitching about the ride quality of the Belltech kit. Maybe so on different cab and drive configurations. I have to agree with JonP, who has the same truck as mine, that the ride quality is good and no vibrations.
this is very good information and I will follow it to get it where I need it. Here is a pic of mine with maxtrac 4 inch flip kit and the belltech struts up front. They supposedly put the front at 2 inches but there is noway its at 2 inches. If I'm a betting man I'd say its at 3 inches. In this pic is the day it was done and the front is lower in the front than the picture looks. Thanks again
dirtmod30 (02-19-2021)
Old 02-18-2021, 10:29 PM
Blown Member

Measure from the center of the front axle to the bottom lip of the fender. If it is around 19 3/4” then they used 2 big rings and 1 small ring.

I found some old notes in my toolbox of my 2016 regular cab 2wd with 1 big ring 2” drop. It measured 19 1/2”. It did not have fender flares which are about 1/8” thick or a little less. That puts it about about 3/8” lower on the 2wd. That is pretty close. The struts are 1 1/2” taller on the 4wd so there is that.
4wheelinmilkman (02-19-2021)
Old 02-19-2021, 06:57 AM

Measure from the center of the front axle to the bottom lip of the fender. If it is around 19 3/4” then they used 2 big rings and 1 small ring.

I found some old notes in my toolbox of my 2016 regular cab 2wd with 1 big ring 2” drop. It measured 19 1/2”. It did not have fender flares which are about 1/8” thick or a little less. That puts it about about 3/8” lower on the 2wd. That is pretty close. The struts are 1 1/2” taller on the 4wd so there is that.
I will measure when I get home today after work and will let you know. Thanks
Old 02-19-2021, 04:58 PM

@LTNBOLT I measured my front from center of the center cap and got 18 3/8 inches. Rear is 18 3/4 from center cap . That's quit a bit lower than your 19 1/2 for a 2 inch drop. Whats your thoughts? I'm going to send a picture of the rings that they put back in my box that they didn't use. And by looking on Belltech website at those exact struts I have a lot of rings left. On the website picture it shows 6 16mm rings and 4 8mm rings. I have 2 16mm rings and 6 8 mm rings left. I'm at a lost on what they used and how many Belltech sent me in the box . I will send separate photo it wouldn't let me attach it

Quick Reply: How many spacer rings to use for Belltech