Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

how to lower a 9th gen?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question how to lower a 9th gen?

Hey guys. I plan to start lowering my 94 Ext cab Flare Side and I'm looking for some tips.

I want to lower it 3-4" and eventually install air bags and body drop so it can lay frame. I know I will have to C notch the frame and cut a small amount into the box for the rear end but thanks to the flare sides i wint have to tub for bigger rims.

I have already invested a lot of parts into the truck and have decided to keep it and go full custom with it. My current cost is about 1700 in parts alone to get it almost road ready and I still have to replace the head gaskets and patch the floor and cab corners so I figured I might as well keep going.

My long term goal is to body drop the truck in the next 3 years but hopefully have it on air bags by summer of 2014. The main set backs I'm having is the lack of after market support for my generation of F.150 and I don't know where to find AM parts or what parts migth interchange from other vehicles such as mustang suspensions or etc.

My goal list is as followed

Custom two tone Artic white and metalic green paint
lowered 3-4" ride high
20 or 22" rims
air bags
body drop
built 302/trans

My main questions will be about suspension and what size rims willl i be able to put on with out fear or rubbing and still be driveable if bags are set to have it 2-3" off the ground.

When I install air bags what do I have to add or remove. do i keep the springs and shocks? am i able to remove the leafe springs and upgrade to a spring and shock set up for the rear? etc.

This build will be a long term due to school but any help will be appreciated.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bumb
Old 10-12-2012, 01:31 AM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Received 114 Likes on 107 Posts

do yourself a favor
djm 3/5 kit
front/rear djm shocks
add in swaybars

You will be very happy

Quick Reply: how to lower a 9th gen?