Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

Cleaned and updated.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 12:44 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Cleaned and updated.

I now this is a Ford forum but I like to show off my Chevy stuff off every once in a wile. Plus hopefully it will encourage a few guys to do some customizing to there truck!

The Tahoe has been getting some attention recently so I figured along wit the air bag changes I would clean it up. It isn't as clean as it should be because I didn't have a sponge for the body or a brush for the wheels but it is by far the best it has looked in a long wile.
I had a semi truck syspension level valve to adjust the ride hight atomaticaly. It worked great over all but had some draw backs. Long story short I took off the level valve and installed electric valves so I can adjust hight as I see fit.
Ride height is about 2 inches lower then all the way up but it is hard to tell in these pictures. I am going to be putting Shockwaves on the front pretty soon if they will fit. I will update the thread once that happens.
Here is all the way down.

This is ride height.

And here is all the way up.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:45 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Nice!
Old 09-27-2012, 12:48 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

needs wheels....
Old 09-27-2012, 01:34 PM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Received 114 Likes on 107 Posts

you have djm rear hardware kit in that thing?
Old 09-27-2012, 09:37 PM

Here are some pictures of where it stands now.
How the old compressor was mounted

So I built this for the new one.

Here is the 1 gal tank, driver side under the quarter panel.

The bags and cups.

Here is where the valves are mounted. The level valve was on the front side of this spare tire mount so since the lines were cut and routed I didn't want to change them. I bought 1/2 airline fittings forgetting that the Tahoe is on 3/8 line, the HD has 1/2. So this is just mocked in place so I could get my wire lengths.

Here is the Valve assembly minus one the dump valve.

Finally since I just need one switch for now I mounted it easy to get to but out of the way. Also if I expand and bag the front, then go to a full box of switches then I can easily put a plug in this hole and you won't ever see it.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:40 PM

I sure would love some beltech up front! haha Installing the shock waves this weekend probably. I would like to do some 2" spindals up front. I really like the ride height but possibly 1 inch lower wouldn't hurt, and the 2" spindal would let me have 1" more travel. I only hit the bump stops on hard hits like crappy rail road tracks.

Quick Reply: Cleaned and updated.