Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

H&R vs DJM/Belltech (2" drop)

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Proudly Canadian

Received 124 Likes on 113 Posts

Default H&R vs DJM/Belltech (2" drop)

Hey all. I've been eying up a kit to drop my truck roughly 2" all around for the past little while, and I've come up with 2 options. Both have their pro's and cons, but the main issue I'm facing is that I know nothing about H&R suspension products. I'll list the two options and you guys can let me know what you think is my best bet! Any advice and input is greatly appreciated!

Option #1: DJM Drop struts, 2" lowering shackle (DJM or Belltech, not sure)
- Cost: $395
- Pros: Sold by fellow forum member and supporting vendor, help out myself and the forum. Very fast and efficient customer service.
- Cons: Shipping to Canada = duty/brokerage costs (roughly an extra $50). If I need replacement parts, longer wait time for said parts, and again extra fees because of duty/brokerage

Option #2: H&R Sport spring and lowering shackle
- Cost: $296
- Pros: Canadian business (who doesn't like supporting their own country?). In country, no hidden shipment fees. If I need a replacement it wouldn't take long to get here. Customer service is good (ordered bilsteins from them for previous truck)
- Cons: I know nothing/have never heard of H&R suspension products. Ride quality with shortening springs and keeping stock struts would be potentially questionable..?

Again, any input is greatly appreciated!! Thanks guys!
Old 08-21-2012, 05:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i really dont forsee you needing replacment parts, so i say go with what has a good following. Id personally go with belltech drop struts not djm
Old 08-21-2012, 08:12 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Have you googled H&R reviews on their kits?
Old 08-21-2012, 08:30 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

H&R makes some of, if not the best lowering components for all types of cars. they have excellent customer service and from what i understand from people i know that actually have their products, they stand by their stuff. i wouldn't hesitate one second buying their products. look on other vehicle forums, i.e. mustang, camaro, gto forums. a lot of people have H&R products.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Proudly Canadian

Received 124 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by culater
Have you googled H&R reviews on their kits?
No I haven't yet. I plan on getting around to it eventually. But I figured I would post here first and see if any of the usernames I know/am familiar with have any input. I'm really in no big rush to do this what with winter coming up fast, so it's probably going to wait until spring time anyways. (during winter my focus is on ski trips. 15 days on, 6 off work schedule = A LOOOOOTT of days in the mountains )

Originally Posted by 12Supercrew
H&R makes some of, if not the best lowering components for all types of cars. they have excellent customer service and from what i understand from people i know that actually have their products, they stand by their stuff. i wouldn't hesitate one second buying their products. look on other vehicle forums, i.e. mustang, camaro, gto forums. a lot of people have H&R products.
Sweet man! Thanks for the info! That's exactly the kind of review I was looking for. Having read that, I'll probably try to check out a few more reviews, and most likely support my fellow Canada-landians.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:45 PM
F150 Forum

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

We carry all three brands you have mentioned. H&R from my experience is much stronger in the Euro market than trucks. Our F150 customers really enjoy the ride quality of the Belltech lowering struts. The struts come with a 2 year warranty. Adjustable in 1/2" increments. You can really get the front end height dialed in. Belltech shackles are come with the bushings already pressed in. Keep in mind when installing shackles to lower the truck on level ground before tightening the bolts.

You shouldn't need any other replacement parts unless you have some wear & tear. Inspect your suspension before ordering or tearing about the truck. It'll save you time from having to tear the truck apart twice.

We also offer USPS and FedEx shipping. We do not mark shipping up to Canada to help our customers with the fees. From customer feedback FedEx is one of the easier companies for Canadians to deal with.

We offer forum member discounts. PM or call me for pricing and/or if you have more questions
Old 09-26-2012, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSuspensionSource
We carry all three brands you have mentioned. H&R from my experience is much stronger in the Euro market than trucks. Our F150 customers really enjoy the ride quality of the Belltech lowering struts. The struts come with a 2 year warranty. Adjustable in 1/2" increments. You can really get the front end height dialed in. Belltech shackles are come with the bushings already pressed in. Keep in mind when installing shackles to lower the truck on level ground before tightening the bolts.

You shouldn't need any other replacement parts unless you have some wear & tear. Inspect your suspension before ordering or tearing about the truck. It'll save you time from having to tear the truck apart twice.

We also offer USPS and FedEx shipping. We do not mark shipping up to Canada to help our customers with the fees. From customer feedback FedEx is one of the easier companies for Canadians to deal with.

We offer forum member discounts. PM or call me for pricing and/or if you have more questions
Your site shows nothing for 2012 F150, or even 2009. Just a shim kit.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:40 AM
F150 Forum

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinDB
Your site shows nothing for 2012 F150, or even 2009. Just a shim kit.
http://thesuspensionsource.mybigcomm...om/09-12-f150/
Old 09-28-2012, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSuspensionSource
Thanks! I was using the make/model/engine selection bar up top and all it shows is this:

http://thesuspensionsource.mybigcomm...2WD%22+and+All

Quick Reply: H&R vs DJM/Belltech (2" drop)