Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Oil blew up

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 04:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil blew up

I'll tell the story to a ending of an era I suppose and also seek answers.
Started up da big bad ford. Threw er' in R then D. Drove by my cousin within 10 seconds of leaving my driveway. I get a text right away "You're leaking something". I look at my cluster & my oil is at L. I drive back 15 seconds home with no oil and notice all my oil in my driveway. Pop open my hood and she's everywheres. What could it be? Didn't bother to check, kind of laughed it off and cleaned the "Nova Scotia Oil Spill 2016" & went on with my day.

Previously.. In march, I got my manifold gaskets done and replaced all sparkplugs. After the sparkplugs were done I noticed it ran rougher than ever. Read codes and misfire from cylinder 1 so i replaced the coils all around and still misfire cylinder 1. Said f$*k it and lived with the annoying misfire underload (1600rpm) and the annoying engine light on & blinking now and then. Replaced my oil every 5k km (like 3k miles) & it ran fine still until the whole oil thing.
PS. Truck has 105k km on it (probably like 78k miles)
I'm glad she gave up on me at noon. The night before I just took a fine lady out to the drive-in with no problemos at all. That would have been a terrible date night 😂
I might fix it just to learn whatever the f$*k it is, but no hopes right now lol. Probably moving onto a Mazda RX-8. 😎

Last edited by newf150kid; 05-15-2016 at 04:04 AM.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:28 AM

Received 502 Likes on 324 Posts

Likely at last oil change old filter gasket stuck to engine and when new filter was installed there was now 2 gaskets eventually it will blow out and you will lose your oil very fast. Simple fix replace filter and oil [making sure old gasket is removed] replace oil, clean up and drive
Old 05-15-2016, 03:03 PM

Received 5,557 Likes on 4,634 Posts

So, all that oil and you have no idea ?

Have your cousin pick you up, -go bicycle hunting. Sounds like you could benefit from something engine-less.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:48 PM

Received 6,481 Likes on 4,617 Posts

Originally Posted by bubbabud
Likely at last oil change old filter gasket stuck to engine and when new filter was installed there was now 2 gaskets eventually it will blow out and you will lose your oil very fast. Simple fix replace filter and oil [making sure old gasket is removed] replace oil, clean up and drive
I had this happen once on my Escape. I was in a hurry, and not paying attention. It made one heck of a sound too... like turning on a hose.

What a mess!!
Old 05-16-2016, 08:22 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bubbabud
Did this to a 1996 Cadillac Deville Concours 32v Northstar V8. It blew out, I drove it a mile when the oil pressure light came on, drove another mile, turned around, and drove the 2 miles back home, with very little oil left at the end. Luckily the old turd took 7 (!!!!) quarts of oil so it still had some left lol. Ran but had a nasty lifter tick, was promptly donated .
Old 05-16-2016, 09:17 PM
Title

Received 497 Likes on 414 Posts

Time to find a new forum eh?

Quick Reply: Oil blew up