Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

New Wheels!!!

Old 04-14-2015, 09:13 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Default New Wheels!!!

Old 04-14-2015, 09:32 PM
Looking for a Henway.

Received 369 Likes on 301 Posts

Hope they did not cost too much.
Are they just some makeshift rock rings welded on to stock rims or are they bolted somehow? If welded, they will be a pain to get tires mounted/unmounted from, and balancing will be a pain. Plus those will limit wheel width
Old 04-14-2015, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by blupupher
Hope they did not cost too much.
Are they just some makeshift rock rings welded on to stock rims or are they bolted somehow? If welded, they will be a pain to get tires mounted/unmounted from, and balancing will be a pain. Plus those will limit wheel width
Hope the Pep Boys headlights didn't cost you too much!! lol SMH
Old 04-14-2015, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 548 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruno
Because you totally can buy a set of retrofitted headlights from the local Pep Boys.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:14 PM

Received 399 Likes on 286 Posts

lol fail
Old 04-14-2015, 10:19 PM

Received 185 Likes on 179 Posts

All the un-needed hate in this thread aside, it is definatly a new twist on stock wheels. I hope you won't have difficulty getting tires mounted and balanced on them so you can show us them on your truck!
Old 04-14-2015, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by 03f15012
Because you totally can buy a set of retrofitted headlights from the local Pep Boys.
I couldn't tell you where to get them just looks like something they would sell. Don't get all "butthurt" just proving a point. My post was of something I liked just as his was about the headlights. Not my style but I wouldn't post negatively on anyones project whether I liked it or not. Negative comments are pointless, we are all on here for the same reason, I hope its not to degrade everyone else's mods just because we don't like them.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 548 Likes on 427 Posts

I couldn't tell you where to get them just looks like something they would sell. Don't get all "butthurt" just proving a point. My post was of something I liked just as his was about the headlights. Not my style but I wouldn't post negatively on anyones project whether I liked it or not. Negative comments are pointless, we are all on here for the same reason, I hope its not to degrade everyone else's mods just because we don't like them.
True enough. They are our trucks, and we do like them to be unique. Sometimes I don't understand some mods, (squatting, the over abundance of plastidip) but I'm definitely not going to say anything bad as long as its not dangerous.

By the by, I have always liked your truck. Really stuck out to me in a good way.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:52 PM
Triton54HD

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

curious to see them mounted on the truck...different look thats for sure.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:53 PM
Looking for a Henway.

Received 369 Likes on 301 Posts

So where did I degrade your rims?
I stated a fact that I hope you did not spend too much for stock rims and some rock rings. That was in no way a statement on my like or dislike of the rims, just a financial comment.
All the rest of my comments are issues that can arise from those rims, again, nothing abut a like or dislike.

As for my "Pep Boys" headlights, about $300 total, and actually serve a useful purpose, unlike some stupid fake rock rings stuck on some cheap OEM rims that look like crap and have no reason for being there.

See the difference between my first post and this one? This post is a negative and degrading post.

Now I don't really mean it (I don't care for the look, but it is not my truck) so don't take the above seriously.
Have you mounted tires to them yet? What type and size tire you planning on? Hopefully it works out for you and if you like it that is what matters. Heck, they may look really nice once mounted and installed.

Heck, I remember your thread a while back showing off your truck, it really is a clean looking truck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Wheels!!!