Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

mods under $350

Old 09-19-2016, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mods under $350

Got a 2001 supercrew that I've had since March. What. Are some cheap mods I can do to it? It has the T-bars cranked, true duals, and bedlined rockers. Any help is appreciated!
Old 09-19-2016, 02:00 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by truebluelariat

Got a 2001 supercrew that I've had since March. What. Are some cheap mods I can do to it? It has the T-bars cranked, true duals, and bedlined rockers. Any help is appreciated!
Window tint, new fog lights, and maybe add a subwoofer or other audio upgrades.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:53 AM

Received 426 Likes on 323 Posts

A fresh alignment with camber bolts, tire rotation, Depot fog lights and new differential fluid, front and rear.

(These trucks almost always need an alignment if you're not the last person who aligned it. )

SEM color matching paint for interior pieces if it needs it.

New carpet is about 250$.

There are tons of things but I'd start with Maintenance. First mechanical, then appearance.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:13 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Sunroof, two-tone paint, Behind grill LED lights, different headlights, maintenance.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:14 PM
Looking for a Henway.

Received 369 Likes on 301 Posts

Maintenance first, then get rid of those horrible headlights.

Then search the forum for the thread "cheap mods", lots of ideas there (LED interior lights are something I would do, thread here with lots of info).
Old 09-21-2016, 06:39 PM

Received 249 Likes on 217 Posts

It is right in the sticky's at the top of the page.
https://www.f150forum.com/f6/cheap-e...n-mods-195634/
Old 09-21-2016, 07:29 PM

Received 353 Likes on 285 Posts

Ditch the cheap looking headlights, they ruin the looks of your truck. Change all fluids, upgrade the audio system (if it's stock)
Old 09-21-2016, 08:16 PM

Received 426 Likes on 323 Posts

I say replace the headlights when they break. There's no sense in wasting money if you don't need to. They don't look cheap, lol. They are just as cheap looking as all the other cheaply priced headlights out there. Hell, even my headlights are starting to peel and go bad and I have Harley Heads.

The internet just brainwashed everyone into a group think. Most people that have been around a while know that their quality isn't that great but if they are already there, wait till they start going bad. When the LED's start to go out or you want something different, change your heads.

I've seen those heads on a few other trucks at the shows, Some starting to go out, some that were 5 years old that still work fine. My lightning heads are barely 3 years old and I have to replace them soon.
The following users liked this post:
truebluelariat (09-22-2016)
Old 09-21-2016, 09:42 PM
Looking for a Henway.

Received 369 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolvee
I say replace the headlights when they break. There's no sense in wasting money if you don't need to. They don't look cheap, lol. They are just as cheap looking as all the other cheaply priced headlights out there. Hell, even my headlights are starting to peel and go bad and I have Harley Heads.

The internet just brainwashed everyone into a group think. Most people that have been around a while know that their quality isn't that great but if they are already there, wait till they start going bad. When the LED's start to go out or you want something different, change your heads.

I've seen those heads on a few other trucks at the shows, Some starting to go out, some that were 5 years old that still work fine. My lightning heads are barely 3 years old and I have to replace them soon.
I just can't stand the look of those lights, just too ricer. Plus the light output sucks.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:56 AM

Received 176 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolvee

One- I really don't like the look or fitment so I would change them immediately.
Two- output sucks leds go out.
Three- there fitment sucks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: mods under $350