Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Leather vs cloth

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 01:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Leather vs cloth

hey what the pro's and con's of leather vs cloth seats?
Old 12-10-2010, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

leather is cold in winter nd cracks wen its worn bad cloth isnt as cold (or hot in the summer) nd i would say lasts longer
Old 12-10-2010, 02:14 PM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

I have leather and it's comfortable and cleans up easy. Unlike cloth seats do if you get dirt or mud or spill a drink on them. Leather gets hot in the summer and can be a pain but it's not all the time. Leather being cold like said above doesn't really seem like a bad thing, I wear pants when it's cold anyways so it doesn't bother me. And cloth seats don't seem as comfortable as my leather seats. And cloth stain easily. Leather will crack if not taken care of, I honestly haven't taken care of mine and they have yet to crack(knock on wood) but my drivers side seam pulled out so I have a small hole... but it's not ripping or anything yet. Cloth doesn't wear as easily but still can rip.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:48 PM

i did a swap in mine a while back. manual cloth seats to power leather seats. the leather ones are a whole lot more comfortable, clean easier and stay clean easier. i dont really even have to worry about stains anymore. do gotta say though, even in jeans when i get in it the morning, the truck feels twice as cold. but it was definitely worth it. are you thinking about doing a swap?
Old 12-10-2010, 10:24 PM

yeah i have cloth that has no problems and all my friends have leather seats and i want some but idk what to do
Old 12-10-2010, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

20 degrees out side and the leather gets real cold unless ur werin full thermol outfit ur guna feel it till the leather warms up in the hot summer days somtimes its almost unbearable too sit in I live in SE kansas so i get both extreams hot and cold. had a car with leather seats i hated them was always worryd bout riping them with a metal or plastic object or even the metal rivits in the back of my jeans holding the pockets together LOL I dislike them and are expensive too replace and evently crack but its realy up too the owner and what is the truck used for. i know i wouldnt drive a truck with leather seats too a construction job. ya cloth gets dirty and wears out faster but u can always put a seat cover on it and no big deal on leather seats those covers dont work out so well.

Quick Reply: Leather vs cloth