Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Leaky Gas/Oil on the passenger side by the coils/injectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 03:43 PM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Leaky Gas/Oil on the passenger side by the coils/injectors

So for context, I recently bought all new ignition coils for routine maintenance. When I was changing 1-4 (passenger side), I noticed what looked like dried oil residue built up. I noticed that towards the back near cylinder 4, it was less dry. I started the vehicle and felt around for a leak, and I immediately noticed that gas was leaking from the Shrader valve and landing around my fuel injector all the way in the back. I removed the valve, took it to NAPA, they fixed it, and assured my the oil residue was likely just fuel. I popped that injector out to clean around it and install the new coils and I wiped down the area. I tested the truck and sure enough the Shrader valve is not longer leaking. At this point I move to the other side to install those coils and call it a day.

I've checked it every day since, and not right away, but now after about a week I'm noticing residue again and that last fuel injector #4 has moisture evidence around it. I'm unsure if this is gas leaking from the O-ring, or if oil could be here for any reason. For reference, the injectors I replaced about 7 months ago and they all have new o-rings.

Here is a video of the oil/gas leakage and some pictures. I'm having a hard time finding the origin of the leak.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:34 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Maybe one of the new injector O-rings is not seated properly.

Quick Reply: Leaky Gas/Oil on the passenger side by the coils/injectors