Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

I need bigger tires...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:00 PM
02F150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need bigger tires...

I was wondering what's the biggest size tires i can put on my truck? I'm gonna prolly get a 3" body lift or a 4"-6" suspension lift (depending on what i wanna pay) nd some wheel spacers so room isn't gonna be of the problem it's the power.... i got a 4.6L 5-spd nd i wanna b able to still pull my trailer with a few four wheelers on it, and not have to re-gear it?

So how big can i go..?
Old 02-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you can clear 33's with no lift, just by cranking the front torsion bars.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Mr. J. Bauer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I have a 4.6 in my '97 and have a set of 285/75R16's on it and it's a little underpowered but I always kick the overdrive off when I'm pulling. With the five speed you could prolly get away with something like that with no problems.
Hey Ty I don't want to sound like an *** or anything but whats with cranking up the torsion bars all the time?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

its a good way to clear bigger tires and you dont have to trim anything.

whats with you being so against it all of the time? I know you had "ride issues" with your keys, but using the stock parts, not much changes, and from what I have noticed, the ride has not changed a bit.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:34 PM
Mr. J. Bauer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very simple I use to do alignments on vehicles that were "jacked up" using the torsion bars. All I can say is **** breaks. Ball joints wear out faster, inner and out tie rod ends go to hell, axle boots break, it's just not worth all the money you would spend on replacing parts for the front suspension when if you want to lift your truck get an actual lift kit that dose not mess with all the suspension parts. I have nothing against lifting up 4x4's I think they look great that way but when it comes to replacing parts all the time, no thanks. I would rather not be working on my truck all the time I've had enough of turning tools. But I guess whatever makes a guy happy I don't have to do the repairs. I love my Fords but they have to be the biggest pain in the *** to work on.

Quick Reply: I need bigger tires...