Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

help with sub! its not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with sub! its not working

i have a working amp and sub both have been tested. i hooked them up and had all my wires ran and i get no results. However, one thing im skeptical of is that i used a scoshe line out converter. i was told i could splice it with the rear speaker wire. i did it but like i said im getting no results. Ive tried alot of stuff and can figure out what it is... P.S. I have one 10" pioneer and a sony xplod 600 watt amp
Old 04-17-2012, 03:15 PM

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Time to trace wiring. Basics:
1) Does the amp have power?
2) That line converter, if improperly set, would give you hum at the subs. See if the variable resistors (should be labled trim level or gain adjust or something like that) are tuned all the way down, which would eliminate the audio completely. Adjust with a screwdriver.
3) Check the wiring from the head unit to the Scoche adapter. Make sure there's no ground fault, or speaker to speaker connecting.
4) Outside chance that any problems in the wiring has made the head unit go into 'protect" mode. Disconnect the Scoche adapter, and test with individual speaker(s) to make sure head unit is at least putting out power at its output.

Quick Reply: help with sub! its not working