Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

HELP: The "bambi" mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 02:50 PM
The One and Only

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default HELP: The "bambi" mod

Ok I need some help. I have done the "bambi" mod or whatever its called, to get your fogs to stay on with your parking lights and what not. The switch is ready to go, but I am confused on the whole splicing wire part. It says on the how to that I need to splice the brown and the black/white wires together. Fine, how do I do that. I am not an electrical person so please feel free to talk to me like I am a dumbarse.......would like to have this done today I hate driving the wifes expeditions.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Raoul Duke

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

youre gonne need to strip off the insulation over the ends of both the wires, and solder them all together. if you dont have a soldering iron then you can always twist them together and cover the connection with heat shrink or electrical tape is anything. youre basically just allowing the current to flow thru all the wires simultaneously
Old 12-01-2009, 04:25 PM
The One and Only

Originally Posted by 4ctnduction
youre gonne need to strip off the insulation over the ends of both the wires, and solder them all together. if you dont have a soldering iron then you can always twist them together and cover the connection with heat shrink or electrical tape is anything. youre basically just allowing the current to flow thru all the wires simultaneously
OK so just to be perfectly clear, I want all four of the ends of the two wires to be touching.......if I were to cut them? So a splice connect would do the trick?
Old 12-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Raoul Duke

its hard to type what i am visualizing in my head, but basically yes. youre gonna need to cut into both wires, strip off the insulation and connect them to eachother. once all the wires are together just make sure that there are no open wires exposed
Old 12-01-2009, 05:02 PM
The One and Only

cool I gotcha.......and thanx for the quick help!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Raoul Duke

no prob sir. so what does this mod do? it connects the "running lights" to the fog lights? i just had a seperate switch run all together for my fog lights. so i could run the fogs by themselves...granted they have HID's in em, but it looks nice
Old 12-01-2009, 10:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i actually picked up a wire splicer from napa or something, one of those little plastic things you put the 2 wires in, then the metal piece taps into the 2 wires, then it snaps shut. worked really good. dont have a picture of one of them, but maybe you know what i mean
Old 12-02-2009, 04:48 AM
The One and Only

I am headed to work now, got everything spliced and checked and we are rolling, works awesome. I wish I had done this on my ranger years ago. Thanks 4ctnduction for all your help.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Raoul Duke

no problem sir, glad it all worked out.

those splicer clips work ok, but sometimes the wires come loose later on. id rather just solder them all together!
Old 12-02-2009, 09:42 PM
The One and Only

UPDATE: Fogs come on in all settings, excpect for off (I set it that way) and everything works to perfection.......EXCEPT, my passenger fog light bulb burnt out today......so that sucked, got to go get a bulbs tomorrow and change those out then I am rolling again.

Quick Reply: HELP: The "bambi" mod