Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 12:39 PM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Exhaust

im looking into getting some new exhaust soon. looking at either flowmaster or cherry bomb, looking at cherry bomb because my uncle owns a mechanic shop an does custom exhaust an keeps cherry bomb in stock. he told me whatever I get he would hook me up with pipe an tips. I have a 2003 SuperCrew 5.4L V8, an I want something that's loud you can hear comin down the street, but nothing that'll have an annoying drone in my truck when I drive to school doin max about 75-80. I was thinking something like maybe a cherry bomb vortex, pro, or glass back. or something flow master that's equivalent. maybe not glass back might be to loud idk. but what I want from you guys is pics/videos, info on what you guys have, how you like it an how loud it is. like comin down the street, to your neighbors, is there a drone in the cab all that good stuff. thanks for any help guys!
Old 03-11-2012, 12:57 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm running 2 flowmaster 40's dumped right under the cab and I can't hear them over my tires when I'm on the highway lol. But no real drone from them.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really love the stock cats and straight pipes to 5 inch tips I got
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust-forumrunner_20120311_120542.jpg  
Old 03-11-2012, 01:10 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You mentioned glass packs (or backs), that type of muffler is usually packed with some sort of fiberglass or heat resistant fiberglass. The thing with those is that after awhile, maybe about 8 months to a year, they will start "wearing in" or blowing out a bit of the glass. They will get a deeper tone and might get a tad bit louder.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:29 PM

thanks guys im going to get them in maybe a month so I started looking now to see what I like when I get them
Old 03-11-2012, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raif281
im looking into getting some new exhaust soon. looking at either flowmaster or cherry bomb, looking at cherry bomb because my uncle owns a mechanic shop an does custom exhaust an keeps cherry bomb in stock. he told me whatever I get he would hook me up with pipe an tips. I have a 2003 SuperCrew 5.4L V8, an I want something that's loud you can hear comin down the street, but nothing that'll have an annoying drone in my truck when I drive to school doin max about 75-80. I was thinking something like maybe a cherry bomb vortex, pro, or glass back. or something flow master that's equivalent. maybe not glass back might be to loud idk. but what I want from you guys is pics/videos, info on what you guys have, how you like it an how loud it is. like comin down the street, to your neighbors, is there a drone in the cab all that good stuff. thanks for any help guys!
my vote is on the cherry bomb vortex it gives u a deep rumble its pretty loud throughout the rpm range but on the other hand the cherry bomb extreme is a single chamber muffler and it is very loud all the time so depending on what youre looking for... neither muffler give off a lot of cab drone. good
Old 03-11-2012, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by 994Six
my vote is on the cherry bomb vortex it gives u a deep rumble its pretty loud throughout the rpm range but on the other hand the cherry bomb extreme is a single chamber muffler and it is very loud all the time so depending on what youre looking for... neither muffler give off a lot of cab drone. good
I don't want it loud all the time. i want a nice rumbling idle an want it loud when I give it gas. i dont think i want the extreme, that will be to loud. im debating on vortex an pro. i want a nice deep rumble so sounds like vortex might be what i want. i wanna get single in dual out an either drop it behind the wheels or straight out the back with some tips. i found this on their website

Exhaust-image-28483307.jpg
Old 03-11-2012, 10:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have true dual extremes and its not that loud idling and if I have the music on I can't hear it on the highway but when u stomp on it people in the next province hear it
Old 03-11-2012, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by 97_4.6_stepside
I have true dual extremes and its not that loud idling and if I have the music on I can't hear it on the highway but when u stomp on it people in the next province hear it
that sounds good. my uncle installed an extreme on a new mustang an took it for a test drive an it was loud as hell lol. you must listen to your music loud huh? lol I know I do, an I dont something that loud when u step on it. I think I'll get dual vortex or pros not sure yet
Old 03-12-2012, 01:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love it loud I set off a caddy cts alarm before haha

Quick Reply: Exhaust