Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Anyone Replace There Door Lock Actuator?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Replace There Door Lock Actuator?

Well i think the lock actuator on my drivers side door is goin out. It makes a noise when i lock it, it locks but when it does it sounds like something stripping out. but when i unlock it sounds normal. anyone ever run into the problem or have replaced this part?
Old 04-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Bleeds FORD Blue

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never replaced mine. But if youre wondering how hard of a job it is, its not bad to take them in and out. My passenger side went to SH#T on me, in fact it was bad when I bought the truck. I did the procedure I found online, pulled it apart, stuck a piece of aluminum foil around that square plate inside of it, ziptied it back together and it works like new now.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:23 PM

Default Did you ever fix it?

On my 97, i cant get to the actuator????????? You can not remove the inside metal panel!
Any suggestions?
Old 01-30-2012, 06:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's not that hard. You'll have to remove the whole latch. It may also be riveted to the inside of the door I can't remember.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:05 PM

Hey scottsphoto2,
I know your post goes back a few months, and I'm not finding any answers to your question, so my question may just **** you off. But, I am in the same boat. '97 F150 with actuators that are slow (at best). So when I pulled the door panel, I found that my actuator is riveted to the door. Aside from the questions that brings up, I find that there really isn't alot of room to be digging around in the door. Did you ever get yours fixed? If so, can you give me a little over-view of your procedure? And, if your job isn't done yet, one way or the other, I plan to tackle this. If I have any success I will post what I know.

Thanks,

Doulie
Old 10-03-2012, 10:54 PM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ALLSTOTT
Well i think the lock actuator on my drivers side door is goin out. It makes a noise when i lock it, it locks but when it does it sounds like something stripping out. but when i unlock it sounds normal. anyone ever run into the problem or have replaced this part?
mine has been doing this for some time but never had a chance to look at it or replace it. might he replacing it soon if its not to hard

Quick Reply: Anyone Replace There Door Lock Actuator?