Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

2002 Supercab Stuck Rear Door

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Supercab Stuck Rear Door

Can anyone point me to a thread or a how-to for fixing a stuck 2002 Supercab rear (suicide) door. My rear door on the drivers side is stuck shut and has been for some time.

I was talking to a guy I met who has the same truck and he told me it is a common issue. He also told me that a local junkyard sells a kit to fix this issue for cheap.

I was wondering if anybody on here knows about this and can point me in the right direction.

Sorry if this is a really obvious issue. I tried searching and couldn't find anything. This forum usually has all the f150 answers, so I'm confident someone will know about this.

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2015, 04:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawnmowa Mane
Can anyone point me to a thread or a how-to for fixing a stuck 2002 Supercab rear (suicide) door. My rear door on the drivers side is stuck shut and has been for some time.

I was talking to a guy I met who has the same truck and he told me it is a common issue. He also told me that a local junkyard sells a kit to fix this issue for cheap.

I was wondering if anybody on here knows about this and can point me in the right direction.

Sorry if this is a really obvious issue. I tried searching and couldn't find anything. This forum usually has all the f150 answers, so I'm confident someone will know about this.

Thanks!

very common issue, the cable on the opening mechanism has become stretched, you can grab the slack and fix it with cable ties or fishing weights, I know this sounds vague but i'll try to find a link to the thread on how to fix it in the mean time. it's similar to the "zip tie mod"
Old 07-07-2015, 04:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This video shows what you can try to do in order to resolve this issue. I used two zip ties this past weekend to relocate the cable to give it a longer "route of travel". They stretch out over time. Just remove the top panel then use screw driver for two screws and a 10mm socket for a nut on the bottom panel, lift up the bottom to remove.

Once you peel back the plastic barrier, you can see the large opening where the mechanism is. Find the cable slightly above the mechanism, put your hand under the cable, palm facing up, and lift up on the cable to open the door (at least that's what I had to do). My top latch was the problem. If your bottom latch is the problem you may need to do more tinkering. Just use zip ties on the spots in the video where he used the wire.

I copied and pasted all this from an older thread. Hope it helps.

Quick Reply: 2002 Supercab Stuck Rear Door