Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

03 4.6 Stalling when hot.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 4.6 Stalling when hot.

My 03 4.6 F150 has recently started stalling after I start it. It only seems to happen when the truck has been drivin recently and is still warm. The RPMS go up and then fall right back down, as if the truck isn't giving it any fuel imediatly after start. The truck will also do the same thing if I step on the gas pedal in park - RPMS go up and then fall to zero.

I have changed the fuel filter, sprayed out the EGR and IAC valves, and checked the vaccum hoses for leaks. I hate to spend 150 dollars to replace the IAC if I am not sure its faulty.

The only code I have been able to get is P13000, which according to the code reader is a "manufacture specific drivetrain problem."

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you cleaned the IAC, did you make sure the little plunger in there was working freely. I sprayed my dads out for 10 mins and almost a whole can of cleaner and for some reason felt like making sure it wasn't stuck, grabbed it with needle noses if i remember right and sure enough it was stuck, with a little but of nudging it broke lose, sprayed it some more while moving it and it hasn't had a problem since. It had such bad build up on it that it took forever to clean it and even when it looked clean.. it was still froze.. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Quick Reply: 03 4.6 Stalling when hot.